1. (A). We are all quite shy.
(B). Let’s try to keep everything clean.
(C). I think we should be quiet.
(D). We wanted to keep our promise.
2. (A). Would you rather rent a place higher up?
(B). Tell me where the rent money is.
(C). I hear you have many places to rent.
(D). Don’t you think the rent here is high?
3. (A). That’s the one to use.
(B). He didn’t test the equipment.
(C). It’s equipped with many features.
(D). The equipment shouldn’t be used .
4. (A). Diane sorts the mail.
(B). Diane is applying to a university.
(C). Diane wants to leave as soon as possible.
(D). Diane is a registrar.
5. (A). Jane and her twin don’t look alike.
(B). Jane looks after her younger brother.
(C). The twins are Jane’s.
(D). The twins aren’t a bother to care for.
6. (A). Yesterday the newsletter was delivered.
(B). I was mentioned in yesterday’s newsletter.
(C). I wanted a subscription to the newsletter.
(D). The newsletter has a rival publication.
7. (A). I put lotion on my hair.
(B). I checked the quality of the air.
(C). I started the cooling system.
(D). I thought it was a windy day.
8. (A). Alan usually goes to sleep late.
(B). Alan probably went to the rehearsal.
(C). Alan must have slept too long.
(D). Alan’s rehearsal must have been canceled
9. (A). What were the results of the debate?
(B). Why did you enter the debate?
(C). Which place were you coming from?
(D). Were any of the debaters left out?
10. (A). The professor was able to understand only part of the lecture.
(B). Nobody could understand the lecture but the professor.
(C). The quest lecturer was the only professor there.
(D). The guests understood most of the professor’s lecture.
11.(A). We should each go on a different day.
(B). We could have gone to a nicer beach.
(C). There’s some question about when we should go.
(D). This weather is just right for being at the beach.
12.(A). Let’s stop and watch the race.
(B). Meet me at the swimming competition.
(C). You’ll read a watch to time the competition.
(D). Your watch will stop if you wear it while swimming.
13.(A). Rick showed extremely poor manners.
(B). I think Rick should have accepted our invitation.
(C). It was polite of Rick to join our conversation.
(D). Rick listened while we spoke to them.
14.(A). They performed a test. (B). They tried the beverage.
(C). They ate the vegetables. (D). They pasted on the letter ”t”.
15.(A). Brad remembered borrowing a history book.
(B). Brad was asked to return the art history book.
(C). Brad is studying art history at the library.
(D). Brad wants to borrow an art book from the library.
16.(A). The class wanted the instructor to give another exam.
(B). The instructor left the classroom during the exam.
(C). The instructor made the students mark the exams.
(D). The students chose the date of the exam.
17.(A). My uncle has become a travel agent.
(B). My uncle’s dentist is traveling now.
(C). My uncle’s dentist is working awfully hard this year.
(D). My uncle is traveling rather than working now.
18.(A). It happened just as I said it would.
(B). I wanted it to be a surprise.
(C). This isn’t what I asked for.
(D). I can’t tell you what happened.
19. (A). I hope I receive some letters.
(B). I wish I still had the letters.
(C). I hope I don’t get any more of those letters.
(D). I wish I hadn’t read those letters.
20. (A). There’s a big line for the bus.
(B). The buses were lined up in town.
(C). Many buses go down this street.
(D). The bus broke down on this street.
CDDBA ACCAB DCABB DDABC
1. Let’s all try to keep quiet.
2. The rent here is rather high, wouldn’t you say?
3. Don’ t use that equipment.
4. Diane has mailed the form and the fee, and has requested that her high school transcript and recommendations be sent as soon as possible.
5. I don’t think Jane looks like her brother, although she says that they’re twins.
6. The newsletter arrived yesterday.
7. I turned on the air conditioner.
8. Alan isn’t at the rehearsal, so probably overslept.
9. What was the outcome of the debate you were in?
10. The only person who understood the guest lecturer was the professor.
11. We couldn’t have asked for a better day to go to the beach.
12. You’ll need stop watch if you judge the swim meet.
13. It was very impolite of Rick to interrupt our conversation.
14. They tasted the tea.
15. The art history book Brad borrowed has been recalled by the library.
16. The instructor let the class decide when to have the exam.
17. My uncle, who’s a dentist, is off traveling this year.
18. Didn’t I tell you this would happen.
19. I wish I hadn’t gotten rid of those old letters.
20. Down this street there’s major bus line. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253122-1.html