1. (A). Susan must row two miles to the finish line.
(B). Susan will buy a math text tomorrow.
(C). Susan has a Finnish pen pal.
(D). Susan must complete her assignment by tomorrow.
2. (A). He got up before the alarm rang.
(B). He was alarmed at losing the bet.
(C). He didn’t get up when the alarm rang.
(D). He twisted his arm when he fell out of bed.
3. (A). She stated her case briefly.
(B). The keys are in her briefcase.
(C). She locked her briefcase with a key.
(D). This case has several key facts.
4. (A). Arthur wasn’t allowed to use his camera in the museum.
(B). Arthur wasn’t able to have his picture taken.
(C). Arthur couldn’t take his children with him.
(D). Arthur couldn’t enter the museum without identification.
5. (A). We invited them to have dinner with us.
(B). The dinner invitations were sent on Tuesday.
(C). We’re planning the dinner together.
(D). We’re supposed to go to dinner on Tuesday.
6. (A). I’m bank teller. (B). Let Linda know where I am.
(C). Linda is a banker. (D). Tell the bank to call Linda
7. (A). I expect to do better on the physics exam.
(B). The exams will be given on the same day.
(C). I think the calculus exam was far too long.
(D). The exams will be delivered on Thursday.
8. (A). Brian wants to see the assistant soon.
(B). Brian was the one to receive the assistantship.
(C). Brian received only one assistantship.
(D). Brian has only one assistant.
9. (A). The dean is going to be occupied all afternoon.
(B). The dean will try to meet us all after nine.
(C). The dean is going to wear a suit and tie to the meeting.
(D). The dean will arrive in time for the afternoon meeting.
10. (A). Send me a copy of her letter.
(B). She’ll be sending you a letter also.
(C). You can model your letter after hers.
(D). A copy of her letter is included.
11. (A). I think the form should be longer.
(B). This form is no longer needed.
(C). The longer form is at the doctor’s office.
(D). This form doesn’t need to be so long.
12.(A). I have never seen Jeff outside of class.
(B). I have observed several of Jeff’s classes.
(C). Jeff always wears his glasses around me.
(D). Jeff can’t see a thing without his glasses.
13.(A). Paula studied constantly in order to get a scholarship.
(B). Paula knew she couldn’t get a scholarship because she never studied.
(C). Paula studied no more than was necessary for the scholarship.
(D). Paula’s study was about student scholarship.
14.(A). I’ll check on it. (B). I don’t believe it.
(C). I know about it. (D). I’ll find it.
15.(A). Tim can’t walk around campus because he has class every day.
(B). Tim lives too far away to always walk to campus.
(C). When Tim lived near school, he worked after class every day.
(D). Since Tim works at school, he would like to live closer to campus.
16.(A). You probably heard this news already.
(B). Don’t tell anyone about this.
(C). You must get the information without help.
(D). Don’t try to hide any information you get.
17. (A). She gave the library some books.
(B). She borrowed the books from the library.
(C). The college used the donation to buy books.
(D). The library received some books from the college.
18.(A). Jonathan seldom misses anything.
(B). Jonathan is hardly ever on time.
(C). Jonathan doesn’t want to sell anything.
(D). Jonathan will need more time to do it than anyone else.
19. (A). I don’ t think the university usually offers an anthropology course.
(B). The university usually hires only one anthropology professor.
(C). I’d expect the university to have more anthropology classes.
(D). That particular anthropology course was offered only once at the university.
20. (A). Charles drives better than he used to.
(B). Charles’ roommate is a city bus driver.
(C). Charles rides to town with his roommate now.
(D). Charles and his roommate take the bus to town together.
DCBAD BBBAD DCAAB BABCC
1. Susan has to finish her math problems by tomorrow.
2. Even though the alarm rang, Tony refused to get out of bed.
3. She put the keys in her briefcase.
4. They didn’t let Arthur take pictures inside the museum.
5. We’re invited for dinner next Tuesday.
6. If Linda calls, tell her I’m at the bank.
7. Both the physics exam and the calculus exam fall on the last day of the term.
8. It was Brian who just got an assistantship.
9. The dean will be tied up in a meeting all afternoon.
10. I’m enclosing a copy of her letter.
11. This medical form is longer than it needs to be.
12. I’ve never seen Jeff without his glasses.
13. Paula wanted a scholarship so much that all she ever did was study.
14. I’ll find out about it.
15. If Tim lived closer to campus, he could walk to class every day.
16. I expect you to keep this information to yourself.
17. Professor Clayton donated some of her books to the college library.
18. Jonathan is seldom on time for anything.
19. It’s unusual that the university should offer only one anthropology course.
20. Charles used to ride the bus to town, but now his roommate drives him in. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253124-1.html