If you had taken her advice, you wouldn't be in such trouble now.
(1) If I had arrived a little earlier, I would have seen her.
(2) If it hadn't been for the doctors' care, he wouldn't be speaking to you now.
(3) In the old days he would have argued.
(4) Would you tell me how to get to the tube?
语法分析：某些情态动词如should, would, could及might等在口语里使用得很多，可以使语气变得委婉。
(5) I might have come to a wrong conclusion.
(1) If I had enough money, I _____ buy a new table.
(2) If you tried again, you _____[may] succeed.
(3) If she had a permit, she _____[can] get a job.
(4) _____[be] I you, I would refuse.
(5) _____[be] it not for their loan, our life would be very difficult.
(6) If she were leaving, you _____[hear] about it.
(7) He _____[do] anything to make amends.
(8) Anybody else _____[believe] you.
(1) would (2) might (3) could (4) Were (5) Were (6) would have heard (7) would have done (8) would have believed