She tried to explain.
有些动词可以用不定式直接作宾语，如try, want, like, wish, hate, mean, pretend, begin, decide, learn, determine和 expect 等。还有些动词不能直接跟不定式作宾语，需用it代替不定式作宾语，这些动词有find, make, think, consider 和feel 等。也有些动词不能直接跟不定式作宾语，需在不定式前加连接代词或连接副词。有些动词可以跟不定式作宾语补语，如 love, teach, ask, get, tell, invite, force, oblige 和 beg 等。
(1) Her father cannot afford to buy her a bike.
(2) I thought it impossible to arrive that place in one hour.
(3) Does she know which to take?
(4) She asked me to help her with lessons this evening.
(5) I wait for you to decide.
(6) Listen to me read the text.
1. The birds refused ____[take] him back.
2. She decided _____[do] some experiments to test her theory.
3. He pretended _____[finish] it.
4. This has made it necessary for agriculture and industry _____[develop] very quickly.
5. Do you consider it better not _____[go].
6. They know _____ to do it.
7. Nobody knows _____ to do next.
8. I've forgot ____ way to take.
9. She got young girls _____[learn] nursing there.
10. I ask Tom _____[lend] me some money.
11. I long for you ____[see] him.
12. I hope you'll advise me what _____[do].
13. He made some candles _____[give] light.
14. I made a big fire _____[keep] off the wild animals.
15. I have found her _____[be] friendly.
1. to take 2. to do 3. to have finished 4. to develop 5. to go 6. how 7. what 8. which 9. to learn 10. to lend 11. to see 12. to do 13. to give 14. to keep 15. to be