1 .目的状语从句：目的状语从句多由that, so that, in order that, lest, for fear that 等引起：
Ask her to hurry up with these letters so that I can sign them.
I posted the letter today in order that you'd get it tomorrow.
I wrote down the date of his birthday lest I should forget it.
Shut the windows for fear ( that ) it may rain.
He took the gun in case he met any wild animals.
She said she wanted tea ready at six so she could be out by eight.
2 .结果状语从句：表示结果的状盈从句可由that, so that, so … that, such … that 等词引起：
It's so hot here that it makes me thirsty.
Daddy has a stick os he won't slip.
The park just opened, so it won't be very crowed yet.
She was so exhausted that she slept at once.
The cnnnection is so bad ( that ) I can hardly hear you.
He told much funny stories that we all laughed.
1. Bring it closer that I may see it better.
1. that I may see it better
2. I am only too anxious to get it done that I may be back in Ireland.
2. that I may be back in Ireland
3. Please, someone, interpret this boss remarks so that I canunderstand them.
3. so that I canunderstand them
4. They drove with both windows closed so that he should not catch cold.
4. so that he should not catch cold
5. Amy didn't go to bed, lest she might be needed.
5. lest she might be needed