【语音版】天堂里的东西不是你想买,想买就能买

2016-09-27 09:25:45  每日学英语

音频点击此处>>>
A: Beer is a powerful drug.

A: 啤酒真是够劲,跟毒品似的。

B: So are cigarettes.

B: 烟也是。

A: Which would you prefer?

A: 你喜欢哪个?

B: What do you mean?

B:什么意思?

A: When you die and go to heaven, they will offer you beer or cigarettes.

A: 到了天堂,你会得到啤酒或者香烟。

B: I could pick only one or the other?

B:只能二选一?

A: Yes. Nothing's perfect, not even in heaven.

A: 是的,没什么是完美的,天堂也一样。

B: Boy, that's a tough one.

B:孩子,那真是一个艰难的选择。

A: What's so tough about it? Of course, I would pick cigarettes.

A: 有什么难的?当然了,我选烟。

B: But cigarettes taste much better when you have a cold beer.

B:但是要是你的啤酒是凉的,还是烟抽着好。

A: Well, you can't have everything.

A: 额,你不可能什么都拥有。

B: I don't think I want to go to your heaven.

B:我想我应该不想去你描述的那种天堂。

本周热门