英语听力课堂(www.tingclass.net)是公益性质的英语学习网站,您可以在线学习英语听力和英语口语等,请帮助我们多多宣传,谢谢!
1. frown upon /fraʊn/
这个短语的意思是“(因为某事)而皱眉”,进而引申为“鄙视,看不上”。
Aunt Susan always seemed to frown upon my cousin for some reason.
Susan姨妈不知为什么好像总看不上我的表亲。
2. look down one’s nose at
看不起,瞧不上,这时的眼神通常是顺着鼻梁俯视的。这个短语表达起来就很形象。
I felt that she looked down her nose at us because we spoke with strong accents and hadn’t been to college.
我觉得她看不起我们,因为我们说话口音很重而且没上过大学。
3. in disgust /dɪs'gʌst/
disgust 可以用来表达“厌恶”,in disgust 则用来形容“厌恶地、十分嫌弃地”,还可以用 in deep disgust 说明深深的厌恶。
She shook her head in disgust when I described the scene.
我在描述当时的场景时,她厌恶地摇了摇头。
4. be disgusted with sb./sth. /dɪs'gʌstɪd/
对某人/某事感到厌恶、嫌弃
My boss must be disgusted with me, because he is always making things difficult for me.
我老板一定是很嫌弃我,他老是给我出难题。
5. despise sb. /dɪ'spaɪz/
不喜欢、嫌弃
I can never, ever forgive him. I despise him.
我永远不会原谅他!我鄙视他!
6. pour(/pɔ: /) scorn (/skɔ: n/) on sb./sth.
scorn 本有“轻蔑、鄙视”之意思,这个短语则表示对某些事或人“不屑一顾”。
The critic poured scorn on the contestant for his poor singing.
那个评委对这名参赛者的歌唱水平不屑一顾。
critic /'krɪtɪk/ n. 批评家,评论家
contestant /kən'test(ə)nt/ n. 竞争者;争辩者
7. turn one’s back on sb.
忽略、冷落、嫌弃
She always turns her back on his rude behavior.
她总是嫌他粗鲁。
小伙伴们~都学会了吗?下次记得这样用哦~