❶ 你都迟到一小时了!You have been one hour late!
这样回答 I'm so sorry. It will never happen again. 真的非常抱歉,不会再有下次了。
❷ 她总是迟到早退。She always came to work late and left early.
同类表达 She's been late to work quite a bit these days. 她最近上班总是迟到。
❸ 他可能在路上耽搁了。Traffic is probably holding him up.
对话 A: Do you know why he hasn't come yet? 你知道他为什么还没来吗?
B: Traffic is probably holding him up. 他可能在路上耽搁了。
❹ 他一定睡过头了。He must have overslept.
对话 A: John has been late for two hours. 约翰已经迟了两小时了。
B: He must have overslept. 他一定是睡过头了。
❺ 由于交通不畅,我今早上班迟到了。Due to the bad traffic, I was late for work this morning.
同类表达 The traffic jam blocked me for half an hour. 交通阻塞堵了我半小时。
The bus was late. 公交车晚点了。
❻ 我不知跟你说过多少次不要迟到。Several times have I told you not to be late.
这样回答 I swear not to be late again. 我发誓再也不迟到了。
❼ 今天早上我的闹钟坏了。My alarm clock didn't work this morning.
同类表达 I misjudged the time. 我弄错了时间。
My alarm clock failed this morning. This is the third time in a month. 我的闹钟今天早上没响。这已经是一个月内第三次了。
❽ 我想提前一小时下班。I want to knock off an hour earlier.
对话 A: I want to knock off an hour earlier. 我想提前一小时下班。
B: You'd better ask for one hour's leave. 你最好请一小时的假。
❾ 这就是我早退的原因。This is the reason why I left early.
同类表达 My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to the company. 我的左转灯坏了,所以我得一路右转才能到公司。
❿ 她这个月已经连续两次早退了。She took two early leaves in a row this month.
对话 A: She took two early leaves in a row this month. You know why? 她这个月已经连续两次早退了。你知道为什么吗?
B: I heard that her husband is in hospital. 我听说她丈夫住院了。