英语听力汇总   |   成语寓言故事:以羊易牛(双语)

https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/

更新日期:2015-11-21浏览次数:783次所属教程:英语故事

-字号+

听力原文

  Exchanging the Ox for a Sheep以羊易牛(双语)讲述了关于成语寓言故事以羊易牛的成语故事,含有中英双语阅读。

  One day, seated in the ancestral hall, King Hui of Liang saw a man leading an ox pass by. He asked:

  一天,梁惠王坐在庙堂上,看到堂下有一个人牵着一头牛走过,便问道:

  "Where are you taking the ox?"

  “你把牛牵到哪儿去啊?”

  The man leading the ox stopped and answered:

  牵牛的人停下来回答说:

  "I am taking it to be slaughtered and will use its blood to paint the bell."

  “我要把这头牛牵去杀掉,用它的血来涂钟。”

  As King Hui heard this, he felt pity for the ox and said:

  惠王听了,对牛十分怜悯,说:

  "How can that be done? You are too cruel. Let it go at once. It is not guilty. How can you kill it? I cannot bear to see it panic-stricken, shedding tears and trembling before its death."

  “那怎么行呢!你们太残忍了,赶快把牛放掉。它没有罪,怎么能把它杀掉呢?我不忍心看到牛临死前惊恐、流泪、战栗的样子。”

  The man leading the ox asked:

  牵牛的人问道:

  "Do you mean that I shall let the ox go and not paint the bell? Is that it?"

  “您的意思是要我把牛放了,不必再涂钟了,是吗?”

  King Hui answered:

  惠王回答说:

  "What are you saying? How can you not paint the bell! Let the ox go, but use a sheep instead."

  “你在说什么?钟怎么能不涂呢!把牛放了,就换只羊吧!”