英语听力汇总   |   成语寓言故事:斑鸿说袅(双语)

https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/

更新日期:2015-12-05浏览次数:415次所属教程:英语故事

-字号+

听力原文

斑鸿说袅
  One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest.

  一天,猫头鹰一个劲儿地向东方飞去,飞得精疲力尽,停在树林里休息。

  It happened that a turtledove was also resting there.

  一只斑鸿恰巧也在那里休息。

  Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked: "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

  听见猫头鹰呼味呼味地喘气,就对猫头鹰说: “你这样急急忙忙地赶路,去哪儿呀?”

  The owl said: "I am moving to the east."

  猫头鹰说: “我想到东方去住。”

  The turtledove asked closely: “Why?”

  斑鸡追问: “为什么?”

  The owl said: "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer.

  猫头鹰说:“西边的人,都说我叫的声音很难听,都讨厌我。在那儿我住不下去了。

  I must move to a new place."

  非换个地方不可!”

  The turtledove said: "Can you solve your problem by changing a place?

  斑鸿说: “难道换个地方就可以解决问题吗?

  In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

  我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都没有用!”

  The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise: "Can you forecast the future?"

  猫头鹰觉得斑坞的话太气人,便惊奇地问: “你能未卜先知?”

  The turtledove said: "This is very simple.

  斑鸡说:“这很简单。

  If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

  如果你不改变你的叫声,那么东边的人也一样会讨厌你的!”