英语听力汇总   |   现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢

https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的又是如何.mp3

更新日期:2023-06-02浏览次数:223次所属教程:英语对话

-字号+

听力原文

今天的这段对话,在讨论足球,

 

现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢

 

来听今天的讲解:

 

A: Welcome to Old Trafford. home of Manchester United.

 

欢迎来到曼联主场——老特拉福德。

 

B: Yeah, it's great to be here. I've heard so much about David Beckham. He used to play for Manchester United. didn't he?

 

嗯。能来这里太好了。我听过很多有关大卫·贝克汉姆的事。他过去是在曼联队踢球吗?

 

A: That's right, but now he plays for Real Madrid.

 

是的,然后为皇家马德里队效力。

 

B: I only know a little about him, bur r know he's very handsome.

 

我只知道一点点关于他的情况。不过我知道他很帅。

 

A: He certainly is. He's also married with three children.

 

他的确很帅。而且他结婚了,还有3个孩子。

 

B: I know he's married to Posh Spice who used to be with the Spice Girls.

 

我知道他娶了以前辣妹组舍里的高贵辣妹。

 

A: That's right and he has three boys called Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.

 

是的。他有3个儿子,分别叫做布鲁克林、罗密欧和克鲁兹。

 

B: Football is England's national sport, isn't it?

 

足球是英国的全民运动吧?

 

A: Yeah, we invented it. Rumour has it that Anglo-Saxons used the heads of captured Danes as footballs.

 

没错,是我们首创的。据谣传,盎格鲁.茸克逊人曾经把被俘的丹麦海盗的脑袋当作足球来踢。

 

B: But what did they use as footballs when they ran out of heads?

 

要是他们没脑袋踢,又拿什么来当足球呢?

 

A: Inflated pig bladders would you believe!

 

用充气的猪膀胱,不相信吧?

 

B: So football has always been popular in England, right?

 

所以足球在英国一直都很受欢迎,对吗?

 

A: Not quite. It was actually banned in 1477 because it interfered with young men leaming to be archers.

 

也不全是。实际上足球在1477年时曾放禁止过,因为它妨碍了年轻人练弓箭。

 

B: Wow. I suppose national defence had to come first then What about the modem game? How did that start?

 

哦.我想保家卫国足应该放在第一位的。那么现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢?

 

A: IC wasn't until 1863 that football became as we know it now.

 

直到1863年足球才发展成为我们今大所看到的样子。

 

B: Why? What happened then?

 

为什么?那时候发生什么事了吗?

 

A: The rules of the game were formulated by a group of public school men and that led to the formation of football clubs and leagues.

 

一群私立学校的人制定了足球的比赛规则,这样就促使了各足球俱乐部和联赛相继成立。

 

B: The Premiership is supposed to be the best league in the world but England haven’t won the World Cup since 1966. Why is that?

 

据说英格兰超级联赛是世界上最好的足球联赛。但英国自1966年后就再也没有赢得过世界杯,为什么呢?

 

A: I think there are two reasons for that. First, there are a lot of foreigners who play in England which means less room for English players and secondly, we've never had a good

 

我想有两个原因。第一,有很多外国人在英国踢球,只给英国本土球员留下很小的发挥余地。第二,我们一直都没有一个好的组织者。

 

B: I hope that will change in the future. Who do you think will win the Premiership?

 

我希望将来情况会有所改善。你认为谁能在本次英超中夺冠呢?

 

A: It seems to be a two horse race between Manchester United and Chelsea.

 

曼联和切尔西队好像不相上下。

 

B: It would be nice if a different team won this year.  By the way, can you tell me what a “hat trick" means?

 

如果今年有别的队能打赢的语就太好了。对了,你能告诉我“帽子戏法”是什么意思吗?

 

A: It means a player who scores three goals in a game.

 

那是指一个球员在同一场比赛中踢进了3个球。