https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/77/1.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
    
     
         
       
        Spoken American  English 2 ;
1.Humility   谦逊 ;
1.He's known for being   low-key. 2.They're down to   earth. ;1.他的谦卑是出了名的. 2.他们很踏实. 
3.You're just being   modest. 4.This is no time to   be modest. ;3.你太谦虚了. 4.这不是讲谦虚的时候. 
5.You should take all   the credit. ;5.你应该居全功,   不用太谦虚. 
6.You deserve all   the credit. ;6.所有的功劳你都   当之无愧. 
7.Am I worthy of   such honor? 8.I'm flattered. ;7.我真的配得这份荣誉吗 8.你太夸奖我了. 
9.You're just being   polite. 10.You're being overly   humble. ;9.不敢当,你太夸奖了. 10.你太谦逊了. 
11.A:You've    accomplished a lot.    B:I'm just trying    to keep busy. ;11.A:你已有了许多成就.    B:没这回事,我只是不     愿闲着. 
12.A:You did a very     fine job.    B:I was just doing     my job. ;12:A:这件事你办得很好.    B:我只是尽本份而已. 
13.Fame isn't    everything. 14.I'm not much of a    mechanic myself. ;13.名望并非一切. 14.我算不得是好师傅. 
2.Inferiority Complex   自卑 ;
1.Who wants to be me? 2.Nobody wants to be   in my shoes. ;1.谁愿像我这样子? 2.没哪个人愿意处于我   这样的境遇. 
3.Do I look out of   place? 4.I'm afraid I'll only   slow you down. ;3.我看起来和这里   格格不入. 4.我担心我只会拖累你. 
5.I feel like I'll   never amount to   anything in life. ;5.我觉得我这一辈子   一事无成. 
6.I'm feeling sorry   for myself. 7.He's drowning in   self-pity. ;6.我为自己感到悲哀. 7.他沉耽于自怜. 
8.I feel depressed. 9.I'm just a nobody. ;8.我感到沮丧. 9.我只是籍籍无名的小子 
10.I'm just a peanut. 11.I'm the low man    on the totem pole. ;10.我只是个小不点儿. 11.我是阶级最低的人. 
12.Don't sell yourself    short. 13.Don't underestimate    yourself. ;12.不要妄自菲薄. 13.不要低估自己. 
3.Sexual Desire   性欲 ;
1.She turns me on. 2.She's a fast woman. ;1.她使我欲火上升. 2.她是个骚货. 
3.She's too passionate 4.That dress is a real   turn-on. ;3.她热情如火. 4.那种服装会撩起情欲. 
5.She's a loose woman. 6.She's not the kind   of girl you'd take   home to mother. ;5.她是个不知检点的女人 6.她登不了大雅之堂. 
7.She's shacking up   with a guy. 8.She's a call girl. ;7.她正跟一个男人姘居. 8.她是应召女郎. 
9.She works on the   street. ;9.她是阻街女郎. 
10.Male hustlers are   becoming more   prominent. ;10.男妓变得多起来了. 
11.He is a gigolo. 12.He's a real Romeo. ;11.他是吃软饭的人. 12.他是情圣. 
13.He's a Don Juan. 14.He's a lady killer. ;13.他是大众情人. 14.他是花花公子. 
15.He has girlfriends   left and right. 16.He/she is a hot   number. ;15.他左拥右抱,    女友一大堆. 16.他(她)是大众情人. 
17.He's a ladies' man. 18.He's a stud. ;17.他很讨女人欢心. 18.他像是一匹专门用来    交配的种马. 
19.He makes women his    hobby. 20.He's a skirt chaser ;19.他性好渔色. 20.他是只花蝴蝶. 
21.I have no true love  just one-night stands 22.He has a woman in  every port. ;21.我没有真心的情人,    只有逢场作戏的伴侣. 22.他的情妇遍布各地. 
23.He's hard up today. 24.She's simply    irresistible. ;23.他今天性欲很强. 24.她是教人难以抗拒    的女人. 
25.She knows men's    weaknesses. 26.She's fickle. ;25.她知道男人好色的    弱点. 26.她是个骚货. 
27.I lost my virginity    at sixteen. 28.That girl is too    much. ;27.我十六时失去童贞. 28.那个女孩子实在太    过分. 
29.He's got his brain    between his knees. 30.He's in heat. ;29.他满脑子的性经. 30.他欲火旺盛. 
31.Her body haunts me. 32.I can't stop   thinking about her. ;31.她的胴体蛊惑了我. 32.我对她难以忘怀. 
33.She possesses me. ;33.她迷惑了我的心.    她占据了我的心. 
34.Who is that with    the big boobs? ;34.那个大胸脯的女人    是谁. 
35.Look at those  knockers. 36.He has a roving eye  and always will have. ;35.你瞧瞧那大胸脯. 36.他老是有一双色眯眯    的眼睛. 
37.Men!All they want   to do is get into   your pants. ;37.男人想做的事,无非是    钻到你裤子里头去. 
38.His mind is always    in the gutter. 39.You have filthy    mind. ;38.他的心老是很龌龊. 39.你有一颗肮脏的心. 
40.His mind wanders. 41.They're making out    in the movies. ;40.他想入非非. 41.他们在电影院里    搂搂抱抱. 
42.He likes to hug and    kiss me. 43.Do you have any    protection? ;42.他喜欢拥吻我. 43.你有避孕措施吗? 
44.He hit on me. 45.It's the day after.    He doesn't look    himself. ;44.他勾引我. 45.他跟女人鬼混了一夜,    显得神色不定. 
46.Men often go to   bars to pick up an   easy lay. ;46.男人们常到洒吧去找    放荡的女人苟合. 
47.What's this idea,    swapping wives? ;47.换妻是什么鬼玩意儿? 
48.Don't be a one-arm    driver. ;48.开车时不要腾出一只    手来,对身边的女孩子    不规矩. 
49.He's a pig. ;49.他是一只重肉欲的    猪猡. 
50.No,you can't go to   a strip tease joint. ;50.不行,不许你去   (低级的)脱衣舞场. 
51.He's a peeping Tom. 52.America is in a    moral decline. ;51.他是个偷窥狂. 52.美国的道德正在沦落    中. 
53.All rats like  cheese. 54.Sinful and unholy  love is not true love ;53.哪只猫儿不贪腥. 54.罪恶不洁的爱,    就不是真爱. 
4. Seduction    调情 ;
1.Can I interest you   in a drink? 2.Hey sweetie,   remember me? ;1.请你喝杯酒,有兴趣吗? 2.嘿,甜心,还记得我吗? 
3.She gave him a peck   on the cheek. 4.How about a smooch,   sugar? ;3.她在他的脸颊上轻轻   地亲了一下. 4.甜心,让我亲一下好吗? 
5.He wants to seduce   you. ;5.他想引诱你. 
6.That guy at the   other table is   making eyes at you. ;6.另一桌的那个男人在跟   你挤眉弄眼. 
7.He propositioned me. 8.Love is like a cat   and mouse game. ;7.他向我求欢. 8.爱情像是一场猫捉老鼠   的游戏. 
9.Don't make catcalls   at girls. 10.Don't mess around   with her. ;9.不要对女孩子猛吹口哨 10.不要跟她胡来. 
11.Did you score? 12.Why give sex away   for free? ;11.你得分了吗?    (你勾搭上了吗?) 12.何必没代价陪人睡觉? 
5.Sexual Harassment   性骚扰 ;
1.My boss is making   passes at me.   What should I do? ;1.我的老板向我频送秋波   你说该怎么办? 
2.My supervisor is way   out of line. ;2.我上司的作风太离谱. 
3.If you touch me,   you'll be sorry. 4.Clean up your act! ;3.你如果敢碰我,我会叫   你叫苦不迭. 4.手脚干净点儿! 
5.Take your filthy   hands off me! 6.Don't touch me. ;5.把你的脏手拿开! 6.不要碰我. 
7.Keep away from me. 8.Get your paws off me ;7.离我远一点儿. 8.不要用你的爪子碰到我 
9.Leave me alone. 10.A woman's place is    in the home. ;9.不要骚扰我. 10.女人只适合待在家里. 
11.No sexist remarks,   okay? 12.You keep your   distance. ;11.别说性别歧视的话,    行不行? 12.你离我远一点儿. 
13.He violated my body 14.He dishonored me. ;13.他侵犯了我的身体. 14.他使我蒙羞. 
6.Having an Affair.   婚外情 ;
1.Many married couples   have affairs. ;1.许多已婚夫妻都有   婚外情. 
2.I wonder if he ever   looks at other women ;2.我怀疑他是否和别的   女人调过情? 
3.Could he have been   fooling around? 4.He may be seeing   another woman. ;3.他是否在外头拈花惹草 4.也许他有外遇. 
5.I think there's some   hanky-panky between   Mr.Benson and his   secretary. ;5.我想班森先生和他的女   秘书之间,有不正常的   关系. 
6.No hanky-panky in  front of the children 7.He's getting it on  the side. ;6.不要在孩子们面前   恶形恶状. 7.他在外头打野食. 
8.You're being   unfaithful to her. 9.It was sort of a   casual thing. ;8.你对她不忠实. 9.那不过是逢场作戏. 
10.He walked in on his    wife and another    man. ;10.他回家时撞见他妻子    和别的男人的奸情. 
11.You let your   husband know that   you are onto him. ;11.要让你丈夫晓得,你    对他一清二楚(而有    所顾忌). 
12.You spent the night    with him? 13.I saw you flirt    with that girl. ;12.你和他过夜了吗? 13.我亲眼看到你和那个    女孩子调情. 
14.Don't play with   fire,or you'll get   burned. ;14.不要玩火,    不然会被烧伤. 
15.Adultery can blow    up in your face. 16.Their marriage is    a joke. ;15.不正常的男女关系有    时会毁了你. 16.他们的婚姻是个笑话. 
7.Sexual Exploitation   性剥削 ;
1.He's toying with my   affection. 2.Don't try to get   fresh with me. ;1.他在戏弄我的爱. 2.别想吃我的豆腐.   (别想占我的便宜.) 
3.He just wants to use   me. 4.Her doctor boyfriend   is her meal ticket. ;3.他只想占我肉体的便宜 4.她那当医生的男友是她   的饭票. 
5.Pornography is   demeaning to women. ;5.色情产品是对女性的   侮辱. 
6.Some guys may steal   your money,but this   guy stole your heart ;6.有的人也许会偷你的钱   但这家伙偷了你的心. 
7.I didn't steal your   girl. ;7.我没偷你的女人. 
8.Independence   自立 ;
1.You can't watch over   me all the time. 2.You're not my   guardian angel. ;1.你不可能一辈子护着我 2.你不是我的守护神. 
3.That child has a   mind of his own. ;3.那个孩子有他自己的   独立思想. 
4.I just need a little   bit of space. 5.I want some space. ;4.我所要求的只是一点儿   小空间. 5.我需要一些自由. 
6.I need some   breathing room. 7.He's tied to her   apron strings. ;6.我需要一些呼吸的空间 7.他过分依赖她. 
8.He's tied to her   purse strings. ;8.他依赖她的经济支持   过活. 
9.Don't worry,I'll do   fine on my won. ;9.不用担心,我自己会   活得好好的. 
10.I can handle it    myself. ;10.我自己做得来.    (我罩得住.) 
11.I like to do things    my way. ;11.我做事的方法自成    一格. 
12.I wasn't born    yesterday. 13.I'm a grown man now ;12.我不是昨天才生下来    的. 13.我已长大成人了. 
14.I'm my own man. 15.I answer to no one. ;14.我独立自主. 15.我不必听谁的命令    行事. 
16.You're not my boss. 17.I'm not a puppet. ;16.你不是我的老板,    用不着听你的话. 17.我不是傀儡. 
18.I did it all by    myself. 19.To each his own. ;18.这是我独自做成的. 19.每个人都有他自己    的一套. 
20.I live as I please. ;20.我高兴怎么活,    就怎么活. 
21.Nobody runs my life ;21.谁也别想来支配我的    生活. 
22.Be your own person. ;22.不要让别人拎着鼻子    走. 
23.How can you please    everybody? 24.He's different. ;23.你哪能讨好所有的人? 24.他与众不同. 
25.Go with the flow. 26.He went against the   grain by touching   the merits of racism ;25.顺着潮流走. 26.他不识时务地鼓吹种    族歧视之优点. 
27.No man is an island 28.I'm as free as a    bird now. ;27.没哪个人能离群而    索居. 28.我现在已无了牵挂. 
9.Loneliness   落寂 ;
1.I dislike too many   social obligations. 2.I just want to live   a quiet life. ;1.我讨厌太多的应酬. 2.我只想过平静的生活. 
3.You're hiding in a  cocoon. 4.You've developed a  shell around yourself ;3.你闭关自守. 4.你自划藩篱不与人   往来. 
5.She's a social   misfit. 6.You've become   jaded. ;5.她不见容于社会. 6.你已变成愤世嫉俗. 
7.He's a social flop. 8.He's a loner. ;7.他的人缘尽失. 8.他是个孤单的人. 
9.It's lonely   at the top. 10.You are an outcast. ;9.位居高津者孤寂. 10.你被摒弃在门外. 
11.My social life is    dull. 12.I hate being alone. ;11.我的社交生活很枯燥. 12.我讨厌孤单一人. 
13.That scholar's   lived his life in an   ivory tower. 14.She's a recluse. ;13.那位学者住在象牙塔    里. 14.她是一名遁世者. 
10.Privacy   隐私 ;
1.It's of a personal   nature. ;1.这是隐私性质的谈话. 
2.Will you please   go away?   This is girl's talk. ;2.请你走开,   这是女人之间的交谈. 
3.Please don't pry.   It's personal. 4.It's a family matter ;3.请不要刺探.这是私事. 4.这是家务事,   外人不便过问. 
5.You have no say   in it. 6.Anna.Hands off about   this! ;5.这件事没你插嘴的余地 6.安娜,这桩事你不要   插手. 
7.Don't get too   personal. ;7.别问得太那个!   不要涉及隐私! 
8.You're a real   busybody! ;8.你这狗拿耗子的家伙.   你这多事的人! 
9.It's not for you to   question me. ;9.这轮不到你来质问我. 
10.A:I'm entitled to     know. ;10.A:我有权知道这回事. 
B:You're entitled   to nothing! B:You're entitled to   shut up! ;B:你没权过问什么. B:你只有权闭上臭嘴! 
11.Don't Interfere    勿干涉 ;
1.Keep your two cents   to yourself. ;1.我没在征求你的意见.   把那不值钱的意见留   给自己. 
2.Mind your own   business. 3.Who asked you? ;2.少管闲事. 3.谁要你罗嗦. 
4.I don't need your   advice. 5.You keep out of   this! ;4.我不需要你的忠告. 5.你不要干预这回事! 
6.Don't be nosy! 7.You'd better not   butt in. ;6.不要多事! 7.你最好不要插嘴.   你最好不要插手. 
8.Just stay out of   this,will you? 9.I don't want to be a   busybody. ;8.你别淌这趟浑水,   行不行? 9.我不愿多管亲事. 
10.Don't get in my way 11.That's nobody's    business but my own ;10.别挡我的路. 11.那纯粹是我私人的事,    与人无关. 
12.Conversation    交谈 ;
1.I'm sorry my tongue   got twisted. 2.I got tongue-tied. ;1.很抱歉我词不达意. 2.我舌头打了结. 
3.I can't repeat the   tongue twister. ;3.我没法重复绕口令者   所说的话. 
4.Speak up so we can   hear you.   Don't mumble. ;4.有话放大声说,   不要含混其词. 
5.You are not speaking   English. 6.His speech is   stilted. ;5.不晓得你在说什么鬼话 6.他的话说得不自然. 
7.We are not singing   the same song. 8.Speak English. ;7.我们谈不拢.  (我们非志同道合.) 8.请你把话说清楚一点儿 
13.Delivering A Speech    演讲 ;
1.He's the keynote   speaker. ;1.他是主讲人. 
2.He broke the ice   with the new   students by   telling a joke. ;2.他说了一则笑话,来   打破他和新生之间的   生硬场面. 
3.Hey,that's my line! 4.His speech was   lighthearted and fun ;3.嘿,那是我的口头禅! 4.他的话轻松有趣. 
5.Nice speech. ;5.这话说得好. 
6.It's a popular   subject. ;6.这是常见的话题.   这是经常被人挂在   嘴边的话题. 
14.Word Choice    择言 ;
1.I weigh my words   carefully. ;1.我措词谨慎. 
2.Put your brain in   gear before you put   your mouth in motion ;2.思然后言. 
3.Think before you   speak. 4.Stop it before you   get carried away. ;3.言必经心. 4.趁你俞说俞离谱之前,   快停下来! 
5.Don't spoil my   impression of you. 6.Do you have to be   so brutal? ;5.不要毁了我对你的印象 6.你非得这么粗暴吗? 
7.Be tactful! 8.That remark was   uncalled for. ;7.圆滑些!   用点儿技巧! 8.那句话是多余的. 
9.Be a little more   subtle. ;9.不要批评得太露骨.   稍微婉转些. 
10.The tongue can be    used to hurt or    heal. ;10.舌头可用来伤害或    安慰人. 
11.Soften your    approach.Harsh    words won't get    you anywhere. ;11.你要委婉些,说凶巴巴    的话没好处. 
12.Don't curse. 13.Don't use foul    language. ;12.不要诅咒. 13.不要说脏话. 
14.That was a dumb    thing to say. 15.His remarks were    offensive. ;14.说那种话太笨了. 15.他的评语触怒人. 
16.Don't speak to me    in that tone of    voice! 17.No wisecracks! ;16.不要用那种腔调和我    说话. 17.少在我面前卖弄聪明! 
18.No sarcastic    remarks. 19.Your choice of    words stinks. ;18.少说风凉话. 19.你的话讲得太难听. 
20.That's a nasty    thing to say. 21.It's all semantics. ;20.那种说法很卑鄙. 21.这是换汤不换药的    讲法. 
15.Language    语言 ;
1.French is my native   language. 2.Where did you pick   that up? ;1.法语是我的母语. 2.你这是哪儿听来的. 
3.Please excuse me for   my broken English. 4.My English is   limited. ;3.请原谅我笨拙的英语. 4.我的英语所知有限. 
5.You need to work on   your English. 6.His English stinks. ;5.你必须加强进修英语. 6.他的英语糟透了. 
7.His English is   hopeless. 8.You coined a neat   phrase. ;7.他的英语无可救药. 8.你说了一句金言玉语. 
9.You are very   articulate   in English. ;9.你的英语很灵光. 
16.Profanity    秽语 ;
1.She has a mouth like   a truck driver. ;1.她满口脏话. 
2.You're so nasty,   always spouting mean   words. ;2.你很猥亵,   脏话不时脱口而出. 
3.Hold your tongue! 4.Don't use any four   letter words in   polite company. ;3.你不要再说了! 4.在讲礼貌的团体里,   不要说粗话. 
5.What is this crap? 6.Did you call me   names? ;5.这是什么鬼玩意儿? 6.你骂我脏话吗? 
7.Bull shit! 8.Why don't you just   drop dead? ;7.狗屎! 8.你何不去死掉算了? 
9.Take a hike,asshole! 10.Your mother! ;9.臭屁眼,滚! 10.去你妈的! 
11.Kiss my ass! ;11.亲过我的屁股后去    死吧! 
12.Call him what he    called you then    you'll be even. ;12.他骂你什么,你也骂他    什么,不就扯平了吗? 
13.Excuse us for a    moment. ;13.抱歉,让我们单独谈    一会儿. 
14.It's not a matter   open for discussion. 15.It's a long story! ;14.这是不便公开讨论   的事. 15.这件事说来话长! 
16.I'm a busy man.    Make it fast. ;16.我是个大忙人,    有话请快说. 
17.Be Explicit    直言不讳 ;
1.Stop talking   nonsense. 2.Skip the garbage.   What are you up to? ;1.少胡说! 2.废话少说,你到底要   谈什么? 
3.What's your point? 4.What's up your   sleeve? ;3.你说话的重点是什么? 4.你袖里有何乾坤? 
5.What are you   plotting? 6.Don't try to change   the subject. ;5.你在耍什么把戏? 6.不要改变话题. 
7.You're talking   in circles. ;7.说来说去,   你还是这几句老话. 
8.Get to the point. ;8.不要拐弯抹角.   把要点说出来. 
9.Don't beat around   the bush. 10.Be brief and   to the point. ;9.不要旁敲侧击. 10.简单扼要地说. 
11.Make it short. 12.Be succinct. ;11.长话短说. 12.简洁地说. 
18.Interruptions    干预 ;
1.Hope I'm not   intruding. 2.Forgive the   interruption ;1.希望我没打扰了你. 2.请原谅我打断你们的   交谈(做事). 
3.Pardon the   intrusion. 4.Excuse me,mind if   I cut in? ;3.抱歉骚扰了你们. 4.对不起,我打个岔你   不介意吧? 
5.Don't cut in on me. 6.Don't butt in. ;5.我说话时不要打岔. 6.不要插嘴. 
7.You'll have your   turn to speak. 8.Wait your turn. 9.Your turn will come. ;7.会让你有机会表示意见 8.轮到你的时候再发言. 9.会轮到你说话. 
19.Resumptions    接续 ;
1.Can you start over,   please? 2.Where was I? ;1.请你再说一遍好吗?   请你再做一次行吗? 2.刚才我说到哪儿了? 
3.Where did we leave   off? ;3.刚才我们的话在哪里中  断呢?刚才我们做到哪里  刚才我们教到哪里? 
4.Carry on. ;4.继续说下去吧. 
20.Please Repeat    请重说 ;
1.Did I miss   something? 2.Did you say   something? ;1.我是不是漏看/听/掉   了什么? 2.你刚才说什么? 
3.What did you say? 4.Come again? ;3.你说什么呢? 4.再说一次. 
21.Reconciliation    重修旧好 ;
1.Can we discuss this   like civilized   people? ;1.我们能像文明人来讨论   吗? 
2.Is there no room for   discussion? ;2.没商讨的余地吗? 
3.Isn't there any more   room for talk? 4.Am I just wasting my   time? ;3.无法挽回了吗? 4.我是否在浪费我的时间   呢? 
5.I refuse to speak to   him. 6.There's nothing more   to discuss. ;5.我拒绝和他说话. 6.没什么好说的啦. 
7.That's final. 8.That's it.   End of discussion. ;7.到此为止,不必多说了. 8.就这么决定;   不用再讨论. 
9.This case is closed. 10.Try to avoid any   unpleasant topics. ;9.这案子已了结. 10.避免说令人不愉快的    话题. 
11.It's redundant. 12.Bag it! 13.Don't start    that again. ;11.这是语意重复的话. 12.算了! 13.不要旧话重提. 
14.Are you through? 15.All right already! ;14.你讲完了吗? 15.得啦,你说够了! 
16.Let's just skip it. 17.Don't talk shop    over dinner. ;16.这个咱们略过不提. 17.不要在晚餐桌上    谈公事. 
22.Light Conversation    轻松的交谈 ;
1.I need to get it off   my chest. ;1.我必须把心里头的话   说出来. 
2.Let's discuss the   good ol' times. ;2.咱们来叙叙旧日好   时光吧. 
23.Discussion    In A Meeting    开会讨论 ;
1.You're veering away   from the topic. 2.That's a whole new   ball game. ;1.你的话已离题. 2.那是另一码子事儿. 
3.Let's stick to the   business at hand. 4.Let's stick to the   subject. ;3.我们专心谈当前之务. 4.我们来锁定这个题目. 
5.Do I hear you right? 6.Let me rephrase that ;5.你说的话我没听错吧? 6.我来改变一下说法. 
24.Meeting    开会 ;
1.Hurry up!They're   taking the roll call 2.They're calling   (the) roll. ;1.赶快!他们在点名了. 2.他们正在点名. 
3.He called off the   meeting. 4.Come to order,   please. ;3.他取消了会议. 4.请遵守秩序. 
5.This meeting is now   in session. 6.Chariman,may I have   the floor? ;5.本会议现在开始进行. 6.主席,我可以发言吗? 
7.I'd like your   closing thoughts   on this. ;7.我想听听你对这件事的   结论. 
8.A:I move we convene     again next week.   B:I second the     motion. ;8.A:我提议我们下星期     再聚会.   B:我附议. 
9.Any objections? 10.May we have your    vote please? ;9.有任何异议吗? 10.请大家表决一下. 
11.Are you abstaining,    Ms.Betty? 12.Let me know how it    turns out. ;11.贝蒂小姐,你弃权吗? 12.结局如何请让我知道. 
13.Must I attend every    meeting? ;13.我非得每场会议都    参加吗? 
14.This meeting is    mandatory.Everyone    is required to    attend. ;14.这场会议是强制性的,    每个人都必须出席. 
25.Voting    表决 ;
1.The majority rules. 2.All in favor say   "Aye(Yes)". ;1.以多数人的决定为依据 2.赞成的人说"好". 
3.For or against? 4.The Ayes have it. 5.It's time to cast   your votes. ;3.赞成还是反对? 4.赞成的人居多. 5.是你拿定主意的时候了 
26.To summarize    结论 ;
1.What really matters   here is money. 2.The bottom line is   money. ;1.最要紧的是钱的问题. 2.归根究底还是钱. 
3.Here's the big   picture. 4.That's the way it is 5.That's how it is. ;3.整个梗概就是如此. 4.就是这么一回事. 5.事情就是这样. 
6.In the final   analysis,life is   empty. 7.That's my point. ;6.到头来,人生只是一   场空. 7.那正是要点. 
8.The name of the game   is politics. 9.That's the gist of   it. ;8.原来是在玩"政治"的   把戏. 9.那正是要点. 
10.Let's sum it up. 11.In a nutshell,    he's lousy. ;10.我们来做个结论. 11.总而言之,他很差劲    就是啦! 
12.In a word,that    watch is no bargain ;12.总归一句话,那只手表    是买贵啦. 
27.Operator Assistance    电话总机协助 ;
1.This phone is out of   order. 2.The phone is dead. ;1.这部电话出毛病了. 2.电话坏了. 
3.A:What seems to be     the problem?   B:There's no dial     tone at all. ;3.A:到底是出了什么毛病   B:完全没有可拨号的     嗡嗡声. 
4.The coin slot is   jammed.I can't   deposit any coins. ;4.(电话的)投币口卡住了   我没办法喂硬币进去 
5.We just got cut off  (on the phone). ;5.我们的通话线路刚被   切断. 
6.Operator,you   connected me with   the wrong party. ;6.总机,你替我接错号码   了. 
7.A:Is there a number    where I can reach    you in case of need ;7.A:必要时,我该打哪个     电话号码找你呢? 
  B:Yes,please dial    555-2222. ;B:请打555-2222. 
8.Operator,I'd like to  reverse the charge(s)  on this call. ;8.总机,我想打一通由受   话人付费的电话. 
28.Phone Conversation    电话交谈 ;
1.Man I use your phone   a minute? ;1.我可以借用一下你的   电话吗? 
2.A:Mind if I use your    phone?It's a local    call.   B:Go right ahead. ;2.A:可以借打一个市内的     电话吗?   B:你打吧. 
3.There's a lot of   static on the line. ;3.这条电话线路上有许多   杂音. 
4:A:How come I can     hear somebody else     talking on this     line? ;4.A:我怎么会听到别人在     电话上交谈呢? 
B:The line must be   crossed.   Try hanging up and   dialing again. ;B:线路一定是交缠了,   你试试挂断重拨吧. 
5.We have a bad   connection,can you   hang up and call   me again? ;5.我们的接触不良,   你能挂断重拨吗? 
6.I'm sorry,can you   speak up a little?   I can barely   hear you. ;6.抱歉,你说大声点好吗?   我只勉强听到你的声音 
7.All right.Got it.   I hear you   loud and clear. ;7.好,我听到了,你的声音   清晰宏亮. 
8.Can somebody get the   phone? ;8.谁能接一下电话? 
9.Would you guys mind   holding it down. ;9.(我讲电话时,)你们大   伙儿安静点儿行不行? 
10.Hello,this is the   Johnson's residence,   may I help you? ;10.喂,这是强森的住宅,    请问你找谁? 
11.I'd like to speak    to Tim,if I may. ;11.如果可以的话,我想和    提姆说几句话. 
12.Your boss wants you    on the phone. ;12.你的老板要你去接他    的电话. 
13.Call for you. 14.I'll take this call    in my bedroom. ;13.你的电话. 14.我要回卧室去接通    这电话. 
15.Don't listen in on    my phone    conversation!Put    down the receiver. ;15.不要偷听我的电话!    把听筒放下来. 
16.How did you get my    number? ;16.你怎么找到我的电话    号码的? 
17.Where are you    calling from? ;17.你从哪儿打来的电话? 
18.A:Hello,can I speak     to Jim?    B:Jim who? ;18.A:喂,我可以和吉姆     说话吗?    B:姓什么的吉姆? 
A:Jim Stone. B:We don't have a   person here by that   name.I'm sorry. ;A:吉姆.史东. B:我们这儿没这个人,   抱歉. 
A:I must have the   wrong number.Am I   dialing 555-1234? B:Nope. ;A:我一定是拨错号码了. 我拨的号码是555-1234吗 B:不是. 
19:A:Hi,is Joey there?    B:You have the     wrong number.    A:Is this 444-1212? ;19.A:嗨,裘依在那里吗?    B:你打错号码了.    A:这是444-1212吗? 
B:Yes,that's the right  number,but we don't  have anyone by that  name. ;B:是,你打对了号码,但  我们这儿没裘依这个人. 
This number was just assigned to me by the phone company. ;这号码是电信局刚分派 给我的. 
A:Figures.Joey   probably changed to   a new number.   Sorry to bother you. ;A:怪不得,裘依也许是换   了新号码,抱歉打扰了   你.