https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/77/4.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
    
     
         
       
        84.Threats    恐吓 ;
46.Well,we'll see    who's meaner. 47.I'll set them an    example. ;46.好,走着瞧,看谁更毒. 47.我来杀鸡儆猴. 
48.You'll get    clobbered! 49.How would you like    a fat lip? ;48.你会挨一顿毒打! 49.你想要我揍你一拳吗? 
50.You're asking for a    knuckle sandwich! 51.Cool it. ;50.你在讨打! 51.你少来.    你到一边儿凉快去吧. 
52.You're gonna    get creamed. 53.He'll punch your    lights out. ;52.你会被毒打一顿. 53.他会打得你昏死过去. 
54.Do it.Your very    life depends on it. ;54.好自为之,你的命    寄托在它上面. 
55.You're running out    of time. 56.You're a walking    dead man. ;55.你的时间不多了. 56.你活不久了. 
57.Your days are    numbered. 58.Kiss your ass    good-bye! ;57.你的时日不多了. 58.你死定了! 
59.I'll skin you alive    if you don't do it. ;59.如果你不做,我会活    剥你的皮. 
60.If you ask any more    questions,they'll    cut your throat. ;60.如果你再多问,    他们会宰了你. 
61.If you ever cross    my path,I'll pluck    your eyes out. ;61.如果你阻碍我的好事,  我会把你的眼睛挖出来. 
62.You'd better settle    this matter or I'll    personally bury you ;62.你最好把这件事解决,    不然我会亲手活埋你. 
63.A:You're bluffing!    B:Oh yeah?Try me. ;63.A:你在吓唬人!    B:是吗?你试试看我     敢不敢. 
64.He's bullshitting    you. 65.My boss's bark is    worse than his bite ;64.他在跟你胡扯淡. 65.我的老板叫得比咬的    凶. 
66.Don't threaten me! 67.You wouldn't dare! 68.I dare you! ;66.不要威胁我! 67.谅你也不敢! 68.你敢? 
69.Don't think I won't 70.Don't doubt me. ;69.别以为我不会做. 70.不要怀疑我不敢做. 
71.She wasn't just    kidding. 72.These guys are for    real. ;71.她没在说笑. 72.这家伙在玩真的. 
85.Friendly Warnings    友善的警告 ;
1.Watch your step. 2.Look out! 3.Be careful! ;1.走路时要小心. 2.小心. 3.当心! 
4.Don't trip. 5.Beware of dog. ;4.不要跌跤了. 5.当心恶犬. 
6.Hold on or you'll   fall off. ;6.抓紧一点不然你会跌   下去. 
7.Be alert now! 8.On guard! ;7.要提高警惕! 8.看招!(看剑!) 
9.Keep your eyes   peeled! 10.This is no time    for a nap. ;9.随时提高警惕! 10.现在不是松懈的时候. 
11.You can't just    sit there. ;11.你不能光坐在那里   (不想办法). 
12.You don't want to    wave the flag,do    you? ;12.你不愿太张扬,而引起    众人的注目吧? 
13.Be careful.    It's deadly. 14.We've only got one    life. ;13.小心一点,    这是会要人命的. 14.我们只有一条老命. 
15.You're walking on    thin ice. 16.You're digging your    own grave. ;15.你如临深渊,如履薄冰 16.你在自掘坟墓. 
17.You'd better take a    walk fast. 18.Run for your life. ;17.你最好趁早开溜. 18.要保命快逃开. 
19.Go home before    something happens    to you. ;19.趁还没出事之前,    赶紧回家去! 
20.Avoid it at all    costs. ;20.不计代价,竭力避免    它发生. 
21.Watch your back. 22.Cover yourself. ;21.当心背后. 22.想一套好理由来替你    自己辩解. 
23.Don't jeopardize    all you've worked    for. ;23.不要把多年的心血毁    于一旦. 
24.If you don't stay    on your toes,you'll    get buried alive. 25.I told you so. ;24.如果不警惕,你会被    活埋. 25.我不早跟你说过了吗? 
86.Success.    成功 ;
1.You've done well for   yourself. 2.He'll go far. 3.He's a smash! ;1.你混得不错. 2.他大有前途. 3.他已声名显赫了! 
4.She's a hit. 5.She brought down   the house. 6.He's sensational! ;4.她成了热门人物. 5.她博得满堂彩. 6.他真是不可思议! 
7.Steve rose from   obscurity to the   spotlight. ;7.史蒂从默默无闻,变成   家喻户晓. 
8.He came out from   nowhere. 9.He's a self-made man ;8.他是半途杀出来的   程咬金. 9.他白手成家. 
10.He's made a name    for himself. ;10.他塑造了自己的名气. 
11.You've made quite a    place for yourself    in society. ;11.你已争取到相当的    社会地位. 
12.You're a big shot    now. ;12.你已成了举足轻重的    人物. 
13.He began as a    busboy and died an    industrial tycoon. ;13.他从打杂童工起家,到    老死之时已成了工业    界的泰斗. 
14.Maryann finally hit    the bull's eye. 15.No one can beat you    You're the champ. ;14.玛利终于顺遂心愿. 15.谁都赢不了你,你是此    道中之翘楚. 
16.She stole the whole    show. 17.I'm on my way up    the ladder. ;16.她抢尽了风头. 17.我的行情看涨.    我正在节节高升. 
18.I've risen to the    top. 19.There is no mystery    behind his success. ;18.我已爬到巅峰. 19.他的成功,    并无玄妙之处. 
20.The key to success    is perseverance. ;20.坚忍是开启成功之匙. 
21.Success is one    percent inspiration    and 99 percent    perspiration. ;21.成功是一分灵感,加上    九十九分的血汗. 
22.He's set for life. 23.Success is hard to    hold on to. ;22.他这下半辈子已不愁    吃穿. 23.创业难,守成更难. 
24.Their time has come    and gone. ;24.他们的黄金时期已过. 
87.Reward    酬答 ;
1.This award will be   frosting on the cake 2.He who dances must   pay the piper. ;1.这份奖赏,   犹如锦上添花. 2.享乐者,必须付酬劳. 
3.There's no free   lunch. 4.No pain,no gain. ;3.天下没有白吃的午餐. 4.无辛勤,哪来收获? 
88.To Seek Credit    邀功 ;
1.Don't forget to give   me the credit I   deserve. ;1.别忘了我应得的功劳. 
2.Tommy is just a   copycat. ;2.塔米只是个抄袭者. 
3.He has no   originality. 4.You picked that up   from me. ;3.他没创作力. 4.那是你从我这儿学的. 
5.She gives herself   too much credit. ;5.她太抬举自己.   她自视过高. 
6.Give the devil his   due. ;6.他虽讨人厌,但也不应   否认他的功劳. 
7.I owe it all to you   for what I am today. ;7.我能有今天,   全托你的福. 
8.His record of   achievements is hard   to dispute. ;8.他的丰功伟绩不容争辩 
89.Fairness &    Favoritism    公平与偏袒 ;
1.He sees facts,   not people. ;1.他论事不论人. 
2.Everyone is playing   by the same rules,   fair is fair. ;2.大家都规规矩矩在参加   比赛,没人耍花样. 
3.He won it   fair and square. ;3.他赢得光明磊落. 
4.What's good for the   gander is good for   the goose. ;4.要论公平的话,男人可   以做的事,女人也可照   做不误. 
5.Don't ask me.   I'm neutral. 6.He's impartial. ;5.不要问我的意见,我   不想偏袒哪一方. 6.他公正无私. 
7.These names are   chosen arbitrarily. ;7.这些名字是随意挑选   出来的. 
8.I want to be fair   with you. ;8.我不想让你吃亏. 
9.A:How about if we     split it 50/50?   B:Fair enough! ;9.A:咱们二一添作五吧?   B:够公平的啦! 
10.A:Is that fair     enough?    B:What's fair is     fair. ;10.A:那样够公平了吗?    B:你说公平就公平吧! 
11.This game is always    tilted in their    favor. ;11.这种比赛老是他们    占便宜. 
12.They all do it.    Why can't I? ;12.他们都在做,    为何我不可以做? 
13.Justice is blind. 14.She's siding with    her son. ;13.真正的公平是论事不    论人. 14.她袒护自己的儿子. 
15.He's always been    the teacher's pet. ;15.他一直是老师最钟爱    的学生. 
16.He's a hometown    favorite. ;16.他是家乡人眷爱的    人物. 
17.They are taking    sides. ;17.他们在偏袒人. 
18.You're showing    favoritism. 19.You're protecting    her. ;18.你偏心. 19.你在袒护她. 
20.You can't shield    this man forever. ;20.你没办法一辈子护着    这个人. 
21.He gets all the    breaks. ;21.他占了所有的甜头. 
22.How come you're all    on his side? 23.It doesn't seem    fair. ;22.为何你老跟他同一个    鼻孔出气呢? 23.这好像不太公平吧? 
24.Which side are you    on,anyway? ;24.你到底是在帮哪一边    嘛. 
25.He is he and    you are you. ;25.他是他,你是你,    哪能相提并论? 
26.You know I'm always    on your side. 27.Listen to both    sides of the story. ;26.你知道我一直都支持    你. 27.不要光听片面之词. 
28.You're jumping to    conclusions. 29.I hope you will get    a fair shake. ;28.你妄下断语. 29.我希望你获得公平的    待遇. 
30.The only way to   guarantee a fair   shake for ourselves   is to stick together ;30.团结是唯一能保证我    们获得公平待遇之首. 
90.Compliment    赞赏 ;
1.Everyone needs a   compliment now and   then. ;1.每个人都需要偶尔被   夸奖几句. 
2.A compliment makes   you feel good all   over. ;2.一句恭维的话使你   遍体舒畅. 
3.Not bad! ;3.还不错吗? 
4.A:You did a great   job. ;4.A:这件工件你做得很     出色. 
B:Thanks.You did   pretty well yourself ;B:谢谢你的夸奖,   你自己也蛮不错. 
5.Good going! 6.Way to go! 7.That's my boy! ;5.干得好! 6.要得! 7.这才是我的乖孩子! 
8.I'm so proud of you. 9.You're a great kid. 10.Wow,that's amazing! ;8.我多么以你为荣. 9.你是个了不起的孩子. 10.哇,好惊人! 
11.That's super! ;11.太超越了!    远超常人! 
12.You're amazing. ;12.你真是不可思议. 
13.A:You're amazing.    B:So I've been told ;13.A:你太惊人了!    B:别人一向就是这样     对我说的. 
14.This is wild! ;14.这是天纵英才,    几近于狂? 
15.Hats off to you for    getting a donation    from that miser. ;15.你能从那小气鬼募到   钱真不简单,我佩服你. 
16.You are some piece    of work! 17.You're a born    charmer. ;16.你实在是一件不可    多得的艺术杰作! 17.你天生讨人喜欢. 
18.He's one in a    million. 19.You're to be    blessed. ;18.他是难得的人物. 19.像你这样的人一定    会蒙神祝福. 
20.You deserve a medal 21.You deserve laud    and honor. ;20.你配得一个奖章. 21.你理应接受公开表扬. 
22.He will be a hard    act to follow. ;22.很难超越他杰出的    表演. 
91.Applause    喝彩 ;
1.Bravo!Encore! 2.Nice show! ;1.要得!再来一个! 2.表演得真精彩! 
3.Who knew they were   this good! 4.You're quite a guy! ;3.没想到他们竟是   如此了得! 4.你实在了不起! 
5.The audience gave   him a thumb up. 6.I gave this picture   two thumbs up. ;5.观众都一致赞许他. 6.我给这部片子极高的   评价. 
7.Please give her   a big hand. ;7.请大家为她鼓掌. 
8.A:Your speech was     fabulous! ;8.A:你的演讲好极了! 
  B:You're too kind.     I know it wasn't     that good. ;B:你太客气了,   我知道没那么好. 
9.Are you serious or   just trying to make   me feel better? ;9.你说真心话,还是逗着   我玩的? 
10.You're just being    polite. 11.Can't you take a    compliment? ;10.你只是在说客套话. 11.你不能接受人家一句    恭维话吗? 
92.Returning    A Compliment    对恭维的应答 ;
1.How sweet of you! 2.That's the nicest   thing anybody ever   said to me. ;1.你这个人真好! 2.这是我一生中最爱听   的话. 
3.That's very   flattering. 4.You flatter me. ;3.真会讨好人. 4.你把我捧得飘飘然. 
5.It was nothing.   Anyone could have   done it. ;5.这没什么,谁都做得来. 
6.You give me more   credit than I   deserve. ;6.你太抬举我了. 
7.I owe it all to my   friends who helped   me so much. ;7.这全归功于那些鼎立   相助的朋友们. 
8.You're boosting my   ego. 9.Don't spoil me. ;8.你使我志得意满. 9.别捧坏我. 
93.Pleasing Someone    讨好人 ;
1.This will be a real   crowd pleaser. 2.Is it to your liking ;1.这准会讨众人的欢喜. 2.这适合你的口味吗? 
3.Everything I do is   to please you. ;3.每一件事我都是为了   讨好你而做. 
4.Anything for you,   my love. ;4.亲爱的,你要什么我都   依你. 
5.I knocked my head   against a wall   trying to please him ;5.我拼死想讨好他. 
6.I've been breaking   my tail at work,and   my boss shows no   appreciation. ;6.我拼命工作,但老板却   不领情. 
7.I give up.There's   just no satisfying   you. ;7.我认了,反正我无法使   你称心如意. 
8.I try so hard to  please,and all I get  is a slap in the face ;8.我吃力不讨好. 
9.He uses gifts to   win a woman over. 10.You can't please   everyone. ;9.他利用馈赠去博取女人   的欢心. 10.你无法取悦每个人. 
94.Gift    礼物 ;
1.Here you go! ;1.拿去吧! 
2.A:Here.Go buy    yourself some    flowers. ;2.A:拿这些钱去替你自己     买些花吧. 
B:That would buy a   whole lot of flowers ;B:那些钱可以买不少花呢 
3.He showered her with   gifts. ;3.他买给她满山满谷的   礼物. 
4.He lavished presents   on his girlfriend. ;4.他奢侈地买了一大堆   礼物,送给他的女友. 
5.You shouldn't have. 6.It really wasn't   necessary. ;5.你这是何必呢? 6.实在没这必要. 
7.You really went   overboard buying   presents. ;7.你买礼物的钱真是   花过头了. 
8.You're an Indian   giver. ;8.你把已送给人家的东西   又要回来了. 
9.Take it or you're   not a friend. ;9.把我当朋友的话,   就收下吧. 
10.You're a good giver    but a poor receiver ;10.你不吝惜送东西给别    人,却不肯接受别人    半点儿好处. 
11.Don't look a gift    horse in the mouth. ;11.你尽管接受礼物,    不必多问. 
12.Keep it.    You might need it. ;12.你留着吧,也许有一天    会派得上用场. 
13.It's tough thinking    of a present for    her. ;13.想不出该送她什么礼   物才好,真是伤透脑筋. 
14.Please,say it with    flowers. ;14.请你带些礼物去,    不要光说好听话. 
15.He takes without    giving anything in    return. ;15.他不懂得礼尚往来. 
16.It's not necessary   to spend money on me   Being my daughter is   gift enough. ;16.不用花钱买东西给我.    你能作为我的女儿,    已是最大的礼物. 
17.It's the thought    that counts. ;17.心意如何才是最重要    的. 
95.Flattery    诌媚 ;
1.Flattery is the name   of the game. 2.Flattery paved the   way to his post. ;1.奉承是使你吃得开的   不二法门. 2.诌媚替他的职位铺了路 
3.Flattery will get   you everywhere. ;3.诌媚会使你通行无阻. 
4.He butters up   everyone trying to   make points. ;4.他讨好每一个人,以广   结人缘. 
5.They suck up to   anyone with money. ;5.他们诌媚任何有钱的人 
6.He sure knows how to   rub shoulders with   the right people to   get ahead. ;6.他很懂得趋炎附势,以   便夤缘上升. 
7.Nice suit. ;7.好漂亮的西装. 
8.You look sharp.   Interview? ;8.你穿得这么帅,   去面试吗? 
9.You look spiffy.   Hot date tonight? ;9.你打扮得花枝招展,   今晚有热情的约会吗? 
10.Your hair looks    great. 11.That's a beautiful    ring. ;10.你的头发很好看. 11.好美的戒指. 
12.That outfit looks    great on you. ;12.那件外衣穿在你身上    挺好看. 
13.It's a work of art! 14.It's a masterpiece. ;13.这是一件不可多得的    艺术品. 14.这是出自行家的手笔. 
15.It's a gem. ;15.这像宝石一样好. 
16.How did a nice    woman like you get    stuck with a bum    like him? ;16.像你这样的一朵鲜花    怎会插到牛粪上呢? 
17.You've got good    taste. 18.Hey,that's really    class. ;17.你很有品味. 18.嘿,那可真够气派. 
19.That's real cool. 21.Your direction has    done wonders for    this company. ;19.那可真是有两下子. 21.你的领导带给这家公   司意想不到的效果. 
22.It's about time I    heard a compliment    around here. ;22.总算在这儿有人夸奖    我了. 
23.He loves it when    others kiss up to    him. ;23.他最爱别人奉承. 
24.He likes to wear a    top hat. ;24.他喜欢别人给他戴    高帽子. 
25.Some people just    can't get enough of    flattery. ;25.有些人说再多的恭维   话给他他也听不腻. 
26.People love    flattery.It's a    fact of life. ;26.人爱受吹捧,    这是铁一般的事实. 
27.What do you want,    a medal? ;27.你还想要什么,    一个奖章吗? 
96.Rejecting Flattery    拒受诌媚 ;
1.You're just trying   to relate. 2.Stop trying to buddy   up to me. ;1.你只是想套近乎. 2.别想亲近我. 
3.I don't want to hear   any sweet-talk. ;3.我不要听任何甜言蜜语 
4.I hate it when   someone tries to   butter me up! ;4.我最讨厌人家奉承我! 
5.I dislike flattery. 6.You don't have to   wine and dine your   higher-ups. ;5.我讨厌诌媚. 6.你犯不着用酒肉来奉承   上司. 
7.Don't patronize me.   Nobody eats that   shit. ;7.别想拍我的马屁,   没人会吃你那一套. 
8.He's too much of a   back-slapper. ;8.他太会胁肩诌笑. 
9.He's a brown-noser. 10.He's an    apple-polisher. ;9.他是马屁精. 10.他是马屁虫. 
11.She doesn't really    like you.She's just    a social climber. ;11.她并非真正喜欢你,她    只是长袖善舞的女人. 
12.He's always licking    the president's    boot. ;12.他老是在拍总经理的    马屁. 
13.You must've rubbed    him the wrong way. ;13.你准是拍错了马屁. 
14.I meant it as a   compliment,but he   took it as an insult ;14.我存心要恭维他,    但他却当成侮辱. 
97.Center Of Attention    注目中心 ;
1.It's your turn to be   on stage. 2.You're going to be   in the spotlight. ;1.轮到你上台亮相了. 2.你即将为众所瞩目. 
3.He thrives on female   attention. ;3.他在女人的垂青下,   过得神气活现. 
4.She's eating up all   this attention. 5.Be an individual. ;4.别人对她的注目,使她   觉得好不得意. 5.要显出自己的特性. 
6.You're on center   stage. ;6.你正在众目睽睽之下. 
7.All heads turned   when she walked   into the room. ;7.她走进房间时,众人都   对她行注目礼. 
8.Everybody is   watching! 9.Everyone's eye is   on you. ;8.大家都睁大眼睛在看着   呢! 9.每个人都在瞧着你. 
10.I get stage fright. 11.I hate being in the    center of attention ;10.我容易怯场. 11.我最讨厌成为注目    中心. 
12.I'm afraid of being   under the microscope 13.He keeps a low   profile. ;12.我不愿把自己披露在    别人仔细的观察下. 13.他韬光养晦. 
98.Fame    名声 ;
1.It lives up to its   name. 2.He lived up to my   expectations. ;1.它名符其实. 2.他没辜负我的期待. 
3.He's loosening his   purse strings to   gain more   popularity. ;3.他在掏腰包买知名度. 
4.He wants his name to   stand out. 5.He wants to get   noticed. ;4.他一心想出人头地. 5.他爱出风头. 
6.He's won a name for   his sense of humor. ;6.他的幽默感出了名. 
7.A:So,what makes her     so hot? ;7.A:到底是什么使她     声名卓著? 
B:When you're hot,   you're hot. ;B:人要出名时,   躲都躲不过. 
8.John is a social   butterfly. 9.He's a local   celebrity. ;8.约翰是八面玲珑的人物 9.他是我们当地的风云   人物. 
10.He's pretty well    liked around here. ;10.他在这里蛮受人欢迎. 
11.I've heard nothing    but good reports    about him. ;11.我所听到有关他的,    都是好事. 
12.Your reputation    precedes you. 13.You are very famous ;12.久仰,久仰. 13.阁下之大名如雷贯耳. 
14.Your name rings    a bell. ;14.我听过你的名字. 
15.He's an    accomplished    musician. ;15.他是一位颇有成就的    音乐家. 
16.He's a    world-renowned    artist. ;16.他是一位举世闻名的    艺术家. 
17.Bill set off a    bombshell in the    computer industry. ;17.比尔在计算机里    一鸣惊人. 
18.He's become an    overnight success. ;18.他一夜发迹. 
19.He's worth three    chapters in a    textbook. ;19.他的功勋彪炳,值得在    教科书里大书特写. 
20.He's the man of the    hour. ;20.他是时下名气最响的    人. 
21.He was completely    unknown few years    ago. ;21.数年前他不默默无闻. 
22.If you did that,I'm    sure you'd go down    in history. ;22.如果你办成了那件事,    准会名垂青史. 
23.He's a legend in    his own time. 24.You'll live after    your dust. ;23.他活着的时候,已是个    传奇人物. 24.你的名声永存. 
25.His legacy lives on ;25.他的风范常存. 
99.To Idolize    偶像崇拜 ;
1.He's my hero. 2.He's my idol. ;1.他是我心目中的英雄. 2.他是我崇拜的偶像. 
3.You've become a hero   to these kids. ;3.你已成了这些小萝卜头   的英雄. 
4.She's my dreamboat. ;4.她是我梦寐以求的人儿 
5.People worship this   guy like he's a   demigod. ;5.众人把他当半个神来   崇拜. 
6.Madonna is a pop   icon. 7.She has a large   following. ;6.玛丹娜是受人崇拜的   人物. 7.她有许多仰慕者. 
8.I'm your most loyal   follower. 9.They are my diehard   fans. ;8.我是你最忠诚的拥护者 9.他们是我至死不渝的   爱戴者. 
10.They are my most    enthusiastic fans. 11.Can I have your    autograph? ;10.他们是我最热心的迷. 11.我可以要你的签名吗? 
100.Bad Reputation     恶名 ;
1.You are what they   say you are. ;1.你的所作所为,   正如他们所说的. 
2.You're just as bad   as they say. ;2.你正像他们所说的一样   坏. 
3.It's true what   they said about you. ;3.他们对你的评语属实. 
4.I was warned about   you. ;4.已有人警告过我要提防   你. 
5.He's notorious for   ripping people off. ;5.他因剥削人而恶名昭彰 
6.I can't put my name   on junk. 7.My reputation is   on the line. ;6.我不能把我的名声毁在   那种烂货上. 7.我的名声已岌岌可危. 
8.We don't want to   lose face. ;8.我们不想失掉面子. 
9.Get those cameras   out of here!We don't   need any bad press. ;9.把照相机拿走,我们不   需要任何负面报导. 
10.It's bad for public    relations. 11.His name is mud. ;10.这会弄坏公共关系. 11.他已声名扫地. 
12.She's disgraced    forever. ;12.她的羞耻永存. 
13.In spite of the    scandal he came off    smelling like a    rose. ;13.虽然发生了丑闻,他的    形象毫不受损. 
101.To Complain     抱怨 ;
1.Everybody's a critic ;1.每个人都是挑剔鬼. 
2.He's a vocal critic   of government   overspending. ;2.他是对政府胡乱花钱骂   得最凶的评论家. 
3.This sloppy job just   doesn't cut it. 4.He tried to find   fault with me. ;3.我无法接受这种草率   的工作. 4.他存心挑我的错. 
5.Don't knock it till   you try it. ;5.还没试用之前先别乱   批评. 
6.She's always picking   on  me for whatever   I do. ;6.她对我所做的任何事都   看不顺眼. 
7.Can't you do   anything right? 8.You sound like my   wife. ;7.你无法办成任何事吗? 8.你的口气活像我太太. 
9.He's always looking   for a bone to pick   with me. ;9.他老在我的鸡蛋里挑   骨头. 
10.He likes to take    cheap shots. 11.Why is everybody    on my back? ;10.他喜欢揭人疮疤. 11.怎么搞的,每个人都在    找我的碴? 
12.What are you    busting my ass for? 13.Don't pick on me. ;12.干嘛老盯在我屁股    后头呢? 13.不要挑我的错. 
14.Get off my back. 15.Quit busting my    chops. ;14.你给我滚开一点儿. 15.不要一天到晚骂我. 
16.Shut up already! 17.Stop the criticism. ;16.你快给我闭嘴. 17.少再批评(我). 
18.Why are you always    against me? 19.Nag.Nag.Nag.    That's all wives do ;18.你为何老和我作对呢? 19.做妻子的只会一天到    晚喋喋不休. 
20.She nags like a    broken record. ;20.她的唠叨,活像唱片    跳针反复不停. 
21.Criticize and    criticize.All you    ever do is cut    me down. ;21.一大堆批评,    你只会贬损我. 
22.Fine,I'm no good,    but what about you? ;22.对,我不是好东西,    那你呢? 
23.Must you always    bring up my past? ;23.你非得老提我过去    不光彩的事吗? 
24.I hate her sharp    tongue. 25.Don't pick on her. ;24.我恨她那一张刻薄的    嘴. 25.不要去挑她的错. 
26.Nobody takes    criticisms well. ;26.谁都不愿被批评. 
27.People who live in    glass houses    shouldn't throw    stones. ;27.缺点满身的人,没资格    指摘别人. 
102.Fussy     吹毛求疵 ;
1.I'm not fussy. 2.He's a finicky eater ;1.我不挑剔. 2.他很挑嘴. 
3.Why should we make a   fuss about it? 4.Don't make such an   issue over it. ;3.我们何必为它小题大作   呢? 4.不要为它大做文章. 
5.It's not worth   fussing about. 6.Why complicate   things? ;5.这不值得你煞费周章. 6.干嘛化简为繁呢? 
7.Can't we simplify   it? 8.What's the big deal? ;7.不能化简一下吗? 8.这没什么大不了! 
9.He's as finicky as a   cat. 10.She's the world's    number one fusspot. ;9.他像猫那么挑食. 10.她是全世界最    吹毛求疵的女人. 
11.He's such an anal    retentive person. 12.Men don't like    women who nag. ;11.他过分拘泥小节. 12.男人讨厌喋喋不休的    女人. 
13.He's penny-wise and    pound-foolish. ;13.他小处精明而大处    糊涂. 
103.To Grumble     发牢骚 ;
1.You're never here   when I need you. ;1.每当我需要你时,总是   找不到人. 
2.To you I'm a   workhorse,a punching   bag! ;2.对你来说我只是一匹马   和一个出气筒! 
3.You treat me like   dirt. 4.This is horrible! 5.I hate this. ;3.你视我如粪土. 4.恶劣透顶! 5.我讨厌这种事. 
6.This is shit! 7.He sucks. 8.She's always griping   about something. ;6.这是狗屎! 7.他恶劣透顶. 8.她老是咕哝个不停. 
9.She's a whiner. 10.She bitches about    everything. ;9.她好发牢骚. 10.她的贫嘴没饶过哪样    东西. 
11.He's always crying    the blues. ;11.他老是抱怨一大堆,    想获得别人的同情. 
12.Oh stop griping! ;12.哎呀,别再抱怨了    行不行! 
13.There you go again! 14.Don't be such a    crybaby. 15.Quit whining! ;13.你又来这套了! 14.别老像个爱哭的婴儿. 15.不要再发牢骚! 
16.Stop your bickering 17.Stop giving me    grief. ;16.停止为鸡毛蒜皮的事    吵架. 17.少给我头痛. 
18.Now what's your    problem? ;18.你又在罗嗦些什么?    你又什么事不对劲了. 
19.I'm going to make a    big fuss. ;19.我要好好地告一状. 
20.Why didn't you just    say so in the first    place? ;20.你何不早说呢? 
104.Protest     抗议 ;
1.Darn it!   That's not fair. ;1.该死!这不公平! 
2.You call this   justice? 3.Be fair! ;2.这算哪门子的公平? 3.公平点儿! 
4.A:That's unfair!   B:You tell me     what's fair. ;4.A:这样不公平!   B:那你说,怎样才算     公平? 
5.You'll have to take   your claim to   headquarters. ;5.你有什么抱怨,   到总局去说好了. 
6.My money is just as   good as anyone   else's! ;6.我的钱跟别人的没两样 
7.Treat me like a   human being. ;7.把我当人看待行不行? 
8.Why am I being   treated like dirt   here? ;8.为何我在这里被视如粪   土呢?为何我在这里被   糟蹋呢? 
9.Is my skin in the   wrong color? 10.We've all been   silent too long. ;9.我的皮肤颜色不对吗? 10.我们已忍气吞声太久    了. 
11.It's time someone    spoke up. 12.I resent that. ;11.这是打破沉默的时刻    了. 12.我谴责这种事. 
13.I object to that. ;13.我既反对又鄙视那种    事. 
14.You can't walk all    over me. 15.Don't insult me. ;14.别以为你可以随便    欺负人. 15.不要侮辱我. 
16.They are up in arms    about it. ;16.他们对这件事群情    激昂. 
17.I'd like to dispute    my bill this month. ;17.我对本月份的帐单    有异议. 
18.The squeaky wheel    gets the grease. ;18.会抱怨的人,先得好处 
19.If you don't ask,    you don't get. ;19.如果你不出声要求,    什么也得不到. 
105.Fight For Equality     争平等权 ;
1.You can't deprive me   of my right. 2.Don't try to rob me   of my rights. ;1.你不能剥夺我的权利. 2.别想抢夺我应有的权利 
3.I'm entitled to know 4.We should lend her   an ear. ;3.我有权知道这是怎么   回事. 4.我们应洗耳恭听她的话 
5.The interest of the   child's is at stake. 6.What I ask for is   equal treatment. ;5.这孩子的福利面临危机 6.我所要求的是同等待遇 
7.I'm a citizen and a   taxpayer.I have   rights! ;7.我是公民也是纳税人,   我有法定的权利! 
8.Stand up for your   rights. ;8.要为你个人的利益力争   到底. 
9.Stand up and be   counted. ;9.勇敢地站起来不要被人   看扁. 
10.If you want to be    seen,stand up.If    you want to be    heard,speak up. ;10.如果要别人看见你,就   得站起来;如果要人家   听见你,必须大声发言. 
11.One man can make a    difference. ;11.一个人也能造成大    气候. 
12.Every vote counts. 13.Give me liberty or    give me death. ;12.每一张选票都至关    紧要. 13.不自由毋宁死. 
14.I've earned that    right. 15.Too much freedom is    a bad thing. ;14.我已争取到那项权利. 15.过分的自由引发灾害. 
16.All men are not    born equal. ;16.人生而不平等. 
106.Women's Rights     & Abortion     妇权与堕胎 ;
1.The abortion issue   is controversial. 2.It's touchy stuff. ;1.堕胎是引起争论的话题 2.这是个十分敏感的话题 
3.It's tricky business 4.Women battled over   their right to a   legal abortion. ;3.这是一件难缠的事. 4.妇女们为了争取她们   合法的权利而奋战. 
107.Discrimination     歧视 ;
1.Down with sexism! 2.He's a gay-basher. ;1.打倒性别歧视! 2.他是大肆攻击同性恋   的人. 
3.He's a white   supremacist. 4.He's a bigot. ;3.他是白人至上主义者. 4.他是老顽固.   他歧视有色人种. 
5.Ageism is a form of   discrimination. 6.That's a sweeping   statement. ;5.鄙视老人是一种歧视. 6.那是不分青红皂白的   声明. 
7.You're being   stereotypical. ;7.你这样说,未免有失   偏颇. 
8.One rotten apple   doesn't spoil the   whole bunch. ;8.一根竹竿打翻一船人.