https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/79/3.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
    
     
         
       
        Chapter 62. Misfortune ;62.  噩运 
1.It's a twist   of fate. 2.Murphy's Law is   no myth. ;1.这是一个命运的逆转。 2.《墨菲定律》可不是    闹着玩的。 
3.Perish the thought! 4.Would you stop   saying it's   hopeless? ;3.甩掉那种念头! 4.你不要再说这些泄气   的话行不行? 
5.Everything is going   wrong.This is   really not my day! ;5.什么事儿都出错;   我今天真是流年不利! 
6.He's up the creek   without a paddle. 7.He's got a flat   and no jack. ;6.他祸不单行。 7.他屋漏偏逢连夜雨。 
8.It never fails!I   just washed and   waxed the car and   now it's raining! ;8.真准!每次我一洗   好车打上蜡就下雨。 
9.My car broke on the  highway.Shit happens. ;9.我的车子坏在公路上;   什么倒楣事都会发生。 
10.Every time I    play the nice guy,    I get burnt. 11.Why me? ;10.每次做好人,    总是我遭殃。 11.为何偏挑上我呢? 
12.What a lousy luck! 13.This can't be! ;12.真倒透了楣! 13.没这可能嘛! 
14.Why is my luck    so lousy? ;14.为何我的时运    如此不济呢? 
15.Better luck    next time. 16.Tough luck! ;15.祝你下次运气好些。 16.算你倒楣! 
17.No matter what he    does,he always    ends up in trouble. ;17.他成事不足,    败事有余。 
18.Everything's   against me. ;18.事事不顺。 
19.Luck is not    on my side. ;19.好运气不在我这一头。 
20.My life is one    disaster after    another. ;20.我一生中灾难    接二连三。 
21.I ruined myself    with slow horses    and fast women. ;21.我一生毁在赌和嫖    两个字里。 
22.Life has slapped    me in the face    again. ;22.命运又一次掴    我的耳光。 
23.I was born at    the wrong time. ;23.我生不逢时。 
24.I was born in    the wrong century. ;24.我投错了胎,    生在错误的时代。 
25.I regret the   day I was born. ;25.我哀叹我出生的日子 
26.When it rains,    it pours. ;26.不来则已,   一来如山洪爆发。 
27.Misfortunes never    come singly. ;27.福无双至,祸不单行。 
28.Nothing ever goes   according to plan. ;28.世事之不如意者    十之八九。 
Chapter 63. Blessings ;63. 祝福 
1.Please pray for us. 2.I'll remember you   in my prayers. ;1.请为我们祈祷。 2.我会不时(在祷告中    纪念你们)为你代祷。 
3.May all your wishes   come true. 4.Keep your fingers   crossed for me. ;3.愿你所有的希望成真。 4.请不时为我祈祷。 
5.I wish you the best. 6.You have my blessing 7.God bless you. ;5.祝你万事如意。 6.我衷心祝福你。 7.愿神祝福你。 
Chapter 64. Religion ;64.  宗教 
1.Are you religious? 2.Do you observe your   religion closely? ;1.你信教 2.你虔诚地奉行你的   宗教信仰吗? 
3.I'm an atheist. 4.We deeply believe   that a living   God exists. ;3.我是无神论者。 4.我们深信有一位活生生   的神存在着。 
5.He's very religious. 6.The end is near. ;5.他是十分虔诚的信徒。 6.世界末日就快到了。 
7.Listening to that   preacher really   helped me through   some hard times. ;7.听了那位传道所说的   话,帮我度过许多难   以捱过的时刻。 
8.The preacher gave   a long-winded   lecture on   morality. ;8.这位传道说了一篇有   关道德方面,既长又   无聊的道理。 
9.She doesn't go to   church much. ;9.她不常去教堂。 
10.Our church doesn't    deal with secular    matters. ;10.我们的教会不    过问俗事。 
11.He's a man of   the cloth. 12.God forgives,    let him. ;11.他是位宗教人士。 12.神是宽宏大量的,    忏悔罪愆好让他来    饶恕我们。 
13.I'm praying to God. 14.They hope their    prayers will be    answered. ;13.我正在祷告。 14.他希望他们的祈祷    会蒙神垂听。 
15.You think God    really cares? ;15.你真以为神会    关怀人吗? 
Chapter 65. Superstition ;65. 迷信 
1.If you break a    mirror,it's seven    years bad luck. ;1.如果你弄破了一面   镜子,会倒七年的楣。 
2.It's bad luck if    your path is    crossed by    a black cat. ;2.如果黑猫横越阁下   欲通行之途径主凶兆。 
3.It's considered bad   luck to walk   under a ladder. ;3.从一个梯子底下   走过会带来噩运。 
4.It's bad luck to   open an umbrella   indoors. ;4.在屋子里头撑开雨伞   会带来不幸。 
5.Friday the   Thirteenth is   considered an   inauspicious day. ;5.星期五双逢十三号   被认为不吉利的日子。 
6.Don't step on   pavement cracks or   you'll have bad   luck. ;6.不要踩在水泥地的   裂缝上以免带来歹运。 
7.If you spill your   salt,you'll have   bad luck. 8.That's a bad omen. ;7.如果你打翻了盐罐子,   你会遭致不幸。 8.那个个凶兆。 
9.The claim that   garlic wards off   vampires is just   old wives' tale. ;9.说什么蒜头可以驱赶   吸血鬼,只是三姑   六婆之言。 
10.This charm will    ward off evil    spirits,plagues, ;10.这是吉祥符可使你    回避邪灵、瘟疫, 
demons,devils, monsters and all other dangers. ;妖魔鬼和所有的灾祸。 
11.I'm gonna get a    rabbit's foot to    bring me good luck. ;11.我去弄一只兔脚    来当吉祥物。 
12.Throwing salt over    your left shoulder    will bring you    good luck. ;12.把盐洒过你的左肩,    会带给你好运。 
13.I found a four-leaf    clover.I'm gonna    be lucky. ;13.我找到一枚四叶苜蓿,    我要走运了。 
14.You dropped a    fork.Company is    coming. ;14.你掉了一把叉子,    那表示快要有人来    拜访你。 
15.We were just    talking about you,    Lisa.Were your    ears burning? ;15.我们刚刚才谈到你,    丽莎,你耳朵发热了    没有? 
16.Let's make a wish    and crack the    wishbone together. ;16.我们先许个愿,    再一起来扯断这只    “希望骨” 
17.Make a wish when    you see a    shooting star. ;17.看到流星时要    赶紧许个愿。 
Chapter 66. Ghosts & Goblins ;66. 鬼怪 
1.I must be seeing   things. ;1.我一定是见了鬼。 
2.I'm not a man of   superstition,but   I've seen strange   things. ;2.我并非迷信的人,   但我的确亲眼   见过怪事。 
3.A:I'm afraid I've     seen a ghost.   B:There are no     ghosts. ;3.A:我想我遇到鬼了。   B:哪有鬼这回事? 
4.There are no such   things as ghosts. ;4.世间绝无鬼怪的存在。 
5.Don't be afraid   of the dead.It's   the living that   will harm you. ;5.不要害怕死去的人,   活人才会伤害人。 
Chapter 67. Black Magic ;67. 巫术 
1.She's a medium. 2.Trick or treat. ;1.她是灵媒。 2.不请客就捣蛋。 
Chapter 68. Fortune Telling ;68. 占卜 
1.She's a psychic. 2.What's your   horoscope? ;1.她是个灵媒。 2.你属什么星座? 
Chapter 69. Waiting ;69. 等候 
1.Wait for the bell. 2.Hold on,I'll be   right with you. ;1.等铃声响再出发。 2.稍等一下我马上来。 
3.I won't be long.   Wait for me. ;3.我不会去太久,   等到我一下。 
4.Try to bear with   me for a minute. ;4.耐心等我一下,   我马上过来。 
5.At long last,the   wait is over. 6.Keep your shirt on.   I'll be right there. ;5.终于不必再等了。 6.不要急吼吼地,   我马上来。 
7.How long should we   wait here?Another   hour? ;7.我们还要在这里等   多久?再一个小时吗? 
Chapter 70. To Hurry Up ;70.急促 
1.Snap to it! 2.Make it snappy! 3.Quick! ;1.快点儿! 2.快点儿! 3.快! 
4.Hurry up! 5.On the double! 6.Make haste! ;4.不要慢吞吞地! 5.动作快一点! 6.快一点! 
7.Get moving! 8.Get to work! ;7.快点儿做! 8.快去工作. 
9.Don't waste your   time.Make it   snappy. 10.Get with it! ;9.不浪费你的时间,   快做事。 10.快赶上别人! 
11.Get with the    program. 12.Get started. 13.Let's hustle! ;11.快跟上别人的步调。 12.快开始做。 13.咱们赶一下! 
14.Hop to it,guys. 15.Hurry up.He's    calling roll. 16.Hop to (it)! ;14.大家快点做。 15.快一点,他在点名了 16.快点! 
17.Shake a leg,    they're getting    impatient. ;17.快动身吧,他们已等    得不耐烦了。 
18.What are you    waiting for?    Christmas? ;18.你还在等什么?    等着过新年吗? 
19.Hurry up and get    dressed.You are    worse than a woman. ;19.快点穿好衣服走,   你比女人还会蘑菇。 
20.You'd better    hustle.He's got    a head start. ;20.你要快一点儿,    他已比你更早动身了。 
21.We need to speed    things up. ;21.我们必须加速进行。 
22.Let's get there    early so we don't    miss out on    anything. ;22.咱们早点去才    不会漏了什么。 
23.I'm in a bit    of a hurry. 24.We're wasting time. ;23.我正在赶时间。 24.我们在浪费时间。 
25.Stop taking    your time. 26.Hurry up!We don't    have all day. ;25.不要慢吞吞。 26.快点!我们没那么    多时间。 
27.We're pressed    for time. 28.We are running    out of time. ;27.我们在赶时间。 28.我们的时间快用完了。 
29.Every second    counts. 30.It's a race    against the clock. ;29.现在分秒必争。 30.这是分秒必争的时刻 
31.I'm pressed for    time.Don't get    in my way. ;31.我在赶时间,    少跟我碍手碍脚。 
32.We're fighting    the clock. 33.The clock is    ticking. ;32.我们必须赶时间。 33.时间不断地消逝。 
34.I have no time    for pessimists. ;34.我不愿浪费时间    给悲观的人。 
35.Can you put a    little pressure on? ;35.你能稍微施点儿压力    吗? 
Chapter 71. Don't Rush ;71. 不用急 
1.I won't be long. 2.I'll be ready   in a jiffy. ;1.我不会拖太久。 2.我就完事了。 
3.No rush.We still   have ample time. 4.Is it that urgent? ;3.不用急,我们有的   是时间。 4.很紧急吗? 
5.Take your time. 6.What's the   big rush? ;5.你慢慢地做吧,   不用急。 6.你急吼吼地是怎么回事 
7.There's still time. 8.What's the   matter?The cops   chasing you? ;7.咱们有的是时间。 8.怎么回事啦?警察在   后面追你吗? 
9.Calm down! 10.Be patient! 11.Don't be so eager. ;9.平静下来! 10.耐点性儿! 11.不用那么急切。 
12.One thing at a    time. 13.Easy does it. ;12.不要乱做一气。    (一样一样来。) 13.不用急,慢慢来。 
14.Do things    step by step. 15.One day at a time. ;14.做事要按部就班。 15.过一天算一天。 
16.I think you're    jumping the gun. 17.Slow down your    pace. ;16.我认为你太急切了。 17.把你的步调放慢些。 
18.Don't jump to any    conclusions. 19.Don't be impulsive. ;18.不要妄下断论。 19.不要太冲动。 
20.Relax,you'll get    your shot. ;20.放心,会轮到你的。 
21.With people today,    everything is    rush,rush,rush. ;21.现代的人做事    都是急就章。 
Chapter 72. Impatient ;72. 不耐 
1.When is this going   to end? ;1.这要到什么时候   才叫停呢? 
2.We don't have   all day. 3.Time seems to   going backwards. ;2.我们哪有功夫   等你一整天。 3.时间好像拖着脚在走。 
4.Let's just get   it over with. 5.I'm not a man   of patience. ;4.我们快点把它   做个了断吧。 5.我是没耐性的人。 
6.You're trying my   patience. 7.I have my limits! ;6.你在惹我发火。 7.我的忍耐有个限度! 
Chapter 73. Be Patient ;73. 耐心 
1.Rome wasn't built   in a day. 2.Don't push him. ;1.罗马不是一天造成的。 2.别催得他太急。 
3.Have patience! 4.A fisherman should   be patient. ;3.你要有点儿耐性! 4.钓鱼的人应该有耐性。 
5.Give him some   breathing room. 6.I'm counting   the days. ;5.多给他些喘息的空间。 6.我在倒数日子。 
7.A:How long do you     think it might     take? ;7.你想这大约要花   多少时间? 
B:A day or two,   three at the most. ;B:一或两天,顶多三天。 
8.I'll wait here   until the cows   come home. 9.Have a nice wait! ;8.我不惜在这里等一辈子 9.你好好地等下去吧! 
10.Patience is a    virtue. ;10.容忍是一种美德。 
11.All good things    come to those    who wait. ;11.美事终会临到    耐心的人。 
Chapter 74. Time Descriptions & Philosophy ;74. 时间与哲学 
1.Do you know what   day it is today? ;1.你知道今天是   星期几吗? 
2.Time flies,I've   lost track of time. ;2.时间飞快,我已记不   清楚今夕是何年。 
3.Wednesday is   hump day. ;3.星期三像一周中   的分水岭。 
4.Thank God   it's Friday! ;4.谢天谢地,   又到星期五了。 
5.I can't be sure   of the exact time. ;5.我也弄不清楚现在   确切的时刻。 
6.There's a three   hour time lag   between New York   and California. ;6.纽约和加州之间有   三个钟头的时差。 
7.My watch is five   minutes fast. ;7.我的手表快了五分钟。 
8.A:Do you have     the time? ;8.A:你的手表几点了? 
  B:Sure,it's three     forty-five(A     quarter to four.) ;  B:三点四十五分钟。 
9.A:What time is     it now?   B:It's ten to 12. ;9.A:现在几点啦?   B:差十分十二点。 
10.Is that clock    right? ;10.那个钟准吗? 
11.This watch keeps    good time. 12.You can set your    watch by him. ;11.这只表走得很准。 12.你可以拿他来    校正手表。 
13.I think that    clock is off by a    few minutes. ;13.我想那个钟差了几分 
14.This intricate work    is too    time-consuming. ;14.这件复杂的工作很费    时。 
15.Proofreading for    mistakes eats up a    lot of time. ;15.校对错误消耗掉    许多时间。 
16.He will comply    before long. ;16.不久他会屈服于    我们的要求。 
17.Time heals    all wounds. ;17.时间会安抚一切伤痛 
Chapter 75. ;The Preciousness Of Time 75. 时间的宝贵 
1.Life is too short   for this. ;1.人生太短,   做这种事划不来。 
2.My time is too   valuable to waste. ;2.我的时间太宝贵了,   浪费不起。 
3.You can't turn back   the clock. ;3.你无法使时光倒流。 
4.This will occupy all   your time. 5.My time is up. ;4.这会占用你整个时间。 5.我的时间到了。 
6.We worked from dawn   until dusk. 7.Better late than   never. ;6.我们从早忙到晚。 7.迟些做也总比完全   不做强。 
8.Ther's still time. 9.Don't let your life   pass you by. ;8.还有时间性嘛! 9.不要让大好光阴虚度。 
10.Make hay while    the sun shines. 11.Treasure your life. ;10.白日莫闲过。 11.珍惜人生。 
12.Take time to smell    the roses. 13.Seize the day. ;12.要在百忙中匀出时间    来,嗅那玫瑰的清香 13.要及时行乐。 
14.Tomorrow becomes    today and before    you know it,it's    yesterday. ;14.明日变成今日,    在你还没觉察之前,    它又变成昨日。 
Chapter 76. Setting Up Appointments ;76. 约定时间 
1.You name the time. ;1.时间由你来决定吧。 
2.A:When should     I come?   B:Whenever is best     for you. ;A:我该几时来? B:看你什么时候最方便。 
B:Whenever is most   convenient. ;B:找你最方便的时间来。 
3.I'm way ahead of   you on that . ;3.我的脑筋比你灵活,   早就弄妥了。 
4.A:When should I     be there?   B:How does 8 A.M.     sound? ;4.A:我几时该到那里?   B:你看上午8点如何? 
A:That's kind of   early.I'm afraid   I can't make it. ;A:那太早了些,   我怕赶不来。 
B:Would 10 A.M. be   all right? ;B:10点总可以吧? 
A:Lets make it 11   A.M.How's that   with you? ;A:我们就定在11点,   你看行吗? 
B:Fine with me.Make   sure you're there   at 11 sharp. ;B:没问题,你11点整   一定要到。 
5.A:Who are you     here for?   B:I'm here to see     Ms.O'Connor. ;5.A:你来这里见谁?   B:我是来见欧卡娜     小姐的。 
6.Is Mr.Walters   expecting you? ;6.瓦特斯先生等着   见你吗? 
7.A:How about lunch     on Thursday?   B:It's a date. ;7.A:星期四去吃中饭     好吗?   B:行,就这样说定了。 
8.I can't see you   this afternoon.I'm   all tied up. ;8.我今天下午没法见你,   我的时间都已排满了。 
9.I'm not free   on that day. 10.I have a tight    schedule today. ;9.我那一天抽不出空来。 10.我今天的行程很紧凑 
11.Sorry.I can't do    lunch with you.    I have a previous    engagement. ;11.抱歉,我无法和你去    用午饭,我和别人    有约在先。 
12.She's completely    booked until next    Monday. ;12.她的时间到下星期一    之前都已预约。 
13.I'm sorry I    spoiled your    evening. ;13.很抱歉,我使你今晚    的计划泡汤了。 
14.She can't make    it for lunch.    Something came up. ;14.她临时出了一点事儿,    没办法来吃午饭。 
Chapter 77. Presence ;77. 现身 
1.Speak of the devil,   here she is now. ;1.说曹操,曹操到。 
2.I wasn't sure if   you'd show up   or not. ;2.我算不准你到底来不来 
Chapter 78. Punctual Arrival ;78. 准时到达 
1.I'll there at 9:00,   give or take a   few minutes. ;1.我九点到,也可能早   或晚个几分钟。 
2.He'll be here at   noon sharp. 3.I'll be there 9:00   on the dot. ;2.他中午会到这儿。 3.我9点整会准时到。 
4.I'll meet you there   in half an hour. 5.Expect me at 6:00. ;4.我半小时内和你在   那里见面。 5.你6点在那里等我。 
6.Boy,you're right   on time. 7.You saved me a trip. ;6.乖乖,你来得分秒不差 。 7.你省了我跑一趟路。 
Chapter 79. Running Late ;79. 延误 
1.I'm running a   little bit late. ;1.我有点儿迟了。 
2.I'm a little behind   schedule. 3.Enough said. ;2.我比原订计划稍   落后了些。 3.你说够了。 
4.I'm sorry I'm late.   I got stuck at work. 5.What kept you? ;4.我因工作耽误而迟来,   很抱歉。 5.什么事使你迟迟不来? 
6.What took you   so long? 7.He's been tied up. ;6.干嘛去这么久? 7.他被留置(拘留). 
8.He's been detained. ;8.他被办公室的事务   给耽误了。 
9.Gosh,we barely   made it. ;9.天老爷,我们总算   勉强做成了。 
10.Am I early or    are you late? ;10.到底是我来得太早,    还是你迟到了? 
Chapter 80. Speed ;80. 速度 
1.This won't take   any time. 2.The sooner the   better. ;1.这要不了我多少 时间。 2.愈快愈好。 
3.I'll be finished   in a flash. 4.I'll be quick as   a bunny. ;3.我会快如闪电地做完。 4.我动若脱兔。 
5.We did it   in no time. 6.I just can't   keep up. ;5.我们没花多久就做成了 。 6.我实在赶不上你的脚步 。 
7.He came in and out   like a lightning   bolt. ;7.他来无影去无踪。 
8.It's faster than a   speeding bullet. ;8.它快过枪弹 
Chapter 81. The Order Of Sequence/Waiting ;81. 顺序 
1.Don't speak   out of turn. 2.Please wait in line. 3.You're next. ;1.还没轮到你说话。 2.请按秩序排成一队。 3.轮到你了。 
4.You have to wait   your turn. 5.Are you waiting   in line? ;4.还没轮到你呢。 5.你在排队吗? 
6.I was here before   you. 7.You're after me,pal. 8.You're on. ;6.我比你早来。 7.老兄,你排在我后面。 8.轮到你上场了。 
9.Don't put the cart   before the horse. 10.The best is yet    to come. ;9.不要本末倒置。 10.好戏还在后头。 
Chapter 82. Frequency ;82. 频率 
1.I still shoot pool   on occasion. 2.This marriage has   been so sudden. ;1.我偶尔会打弹子。 2.这婚姻来得很突然。 
3.It's not that   common. ;3.这不常听到。 
4.Time after time,   I get stuck with   losers. ;4.我一次又一次碰上   不成器的人。 
5.It happens   all the time. ;这种事天天都有。 
Chapter 83. Job Offers ;83. 雇用 
1.We're understaffed. 2.Get the right man   for the job. ;1.我们人手不足。 2.去找称职的人来担任   这份工作。 
3.I have an opening   here for a new   typist. ;3.我有一打字员的缺   在找人。 
4.They're looking   for an entry-level   clerk.Any takers? ;4.他们在找初级的职员,   谁有兴趣应征吗? 
5.It's so hard to   find good help   these days. ;5.现在很难难找到   好帮手。 
6.Good employees are   few and far   between. ;6.好雇员难求。 
7.This job is open   to everyone. 8.New blood is   moving in. ;7.这份工作谁都可应征。 8.新鲜血液正在加入   我们的阵容。 
Chapter 84. Recommendations ;84. 推荐 
1.I've got (just) the   right guy for   the job. ;1.我正巧有适合这份   工作的人。 
2.This job is   tailor-made for her. ;2.那件工作对她再   合适不过了。 
3.He's cut for   the job. ;3.他是做这种工作   的料子。 
Chapter 85. Extending Job Offers ;85. 给予工作机会 
1.One of my helpers   is sick.Can you   fill in? ;1.我的一个帮手病了,   你能补他的缺吗? 
2.I have a job   opening for you,but   it's on trial basis. ;2.我有份工作给你,   但只是试用性的。 
3.I'll pay you twice   what you're making   there. ;3.不论你在那儿的薪水   多少,我加一倍   雇用你。 
4.You're priceless. 5.You're the man   for the job. ;4.你是无价之宝。 5.你是最适合担任   这份工作的人。 
6.Sign that guy up. ;6.快去和那个人签   雇用契约。 
7.He's worth his   weight in gold. 8.She is worth a lot. ;7.他值得我花大把银子   聘请他。 8.她的身份不凡。 
Chapter 86. A Good Job Offer ;86. 好工作机会 
1.Shop around. 2.That job offer is   simply amazing. ;1.货问三家,不吃亏。 2.那份工作的待遇,   简直好得令人惊讶。 
3.That job offers   great fringe   benefits. ;3.那份职位提供很优厚   的额外福利。 
4.That fat job   pays well. ;4.那份肥缺油水不少。 
5.Who wouldn't jump   at such an   opportunity? ;5.这种好机会有谁不要? 
6.That cushy job is   highly persuasive. ;6.那份闲差事很诱人。 
Chapter 87. Seeking A Job ;87. 觅职 
1.This job is not too   appealing to me. 2.I'm in between jobs   right now. ;1.我对这份工作兴趣不大 。 2.我现在正在找工作。 
3.I'd do anything   for a job. ;3.如果能找到一份工作,   要我做什么都行。 
4.I don't want any   pity.I just need   a job. ;4.我不需要怜悯,   我只要一份工作。 
5.I need a steady job. 6.I hope I don't wind   up in the gutter. ;5.我需要一份稳定的工作 6.希望我不致于沦为贫民 
7.The job outlook   is grim. ;7.就业机会的前瞻不佳。 
8.How's your job   hunting coming   along? ;8.你找工作的事进行   得如何? 
9.You have to pound   the pavement. ;9.你必须自己到处去   找一份工作。 
10.She went to New    Your to try to    break into acting. ;10.她跑到纽约,去试试    她演艺业的生涯。 
11.Maybe one of your    old school ties    can find you a job. ;11.也许你的老校友当中,   某个人能帮你找份工作  ?
12.Something will    come up. ;12.会有好转机的。 
13.Good jobs don't    come cheap.You've    gotta pay a price. ;13.好职位得之不易,    你必须付出相当的    代价。 
14.Can you put in a    good word for me    to get that job? ;14.你能帮我美言几句,   好得到那份工作吗? 
15.Finding this job    was a lucky break. ;15.能找到这份工作    真是运气好。 
16.A:How did he     get that job?    B:He got in through     the back door. ;16.A:他那份工作是     怎么来的?    B:靠拉关系得到的。 
Chapter 88. Job Interviews ;88. 求职面试 
1.A:Is that job     still open? ;1.A:那份缺还在吗? 
B:I'm afraid that   position has been   filled. ;B:抱歉,已找到人了。 
B:Sorry,that post has   been taken. ;B:抱歉,那缺已有人。 
2.I'm responding   to your ad. ;2.我来应征你们的   招聘广告。 
3.We still have one   more slot to fill. ;3.我们还有一缺要补。 
4.A:Did you advertise     for a clerk?   B:That's right. ;4.A:你们登报招聘     店员吗?   B:对。 
A:Is the positing   still open? B:Yes.Are you   interested? ;A:那个缺还有吗? B:有你有兴趣吗? 
5.This interview is   like a pressure   cooker to me. ;5.这个求职面谈,使   我感到很大的压力。 
6.I get the jitters. 7.What are your   credentials? ;6.我觉得鼓不起勇气。 7.你有什么学历和经历? 
8.With experience   like that,you'll   do fine. ;8.有那么好的经验,   你会无往不利。 
9.I'm the man for   the job. ;9.这份工作非我莫属。 
Chapter 89. Job Rejections ;89. 拒绝聘用 
1.I didn't get a   fair shake at that   job opening. ;1.那次招请人员,没给   我公平竞争的机会。 
2.Give me a better   candidate. 3.I don't hire   dumbbells. ;2.替我找个更好的人选   取来补这缺。 3.我不会花钱雇用笨蛋。 
Chapter 90. To Be Hired ;90. 受雇 
1.We landed a good   one when we   hired you. ;1.我们雇用你,   算是找对人了。 
2.He was singled out   from so many   candidates. 3.This job is yours. ;2.他在许多候选人当中   被挑出来。 3.这份工作是你的。 
4.You just hired   Miss Welch for   her looks. ;4.你只是因为魏乐曲   小姐脸蛋儿长得   漂亮才雇用她。 
5.How soon can   you start? 6.He's the new kid   on the block. ;5.你几时 可以来上班? 6.他是新来的。 
Chapter 91. Job Training ;91. 工作培训 
1.We're breaking in   a new cook. 2.Whip him into shape. ;1.我们正在调教一名   新厨师。 2.严格督促他。 
3.The coach is trying   to bust our chops. 4.You're doing fine. ;3.教练想累坏我们。 4.你做得很好。 
5.Despite being   green,he's good. ;5.他虽然是生手,   但表现得不错。 
Chapter 92. Career I quires ;92. 询问职业 
1.What's your   occupation? 2.What do you do   for a living? ;1.你的职业是什么? 2.你靠什么过日子? 
3.That's not my line. 4.I know better. ;3.那不是我的本行。 4.我比你懂。 
5.Are you   self-employed? 6.I only do piece   work. ;5.你自己当老板吗? 6.我按件计酬拿薪水。 
7.I do odd jobs. 8.I'm a freelancer. ;7.我靠打杂维生。 8.我是自由职业者。 
9.I work for the   government. 10.How can I help you? ;9.我是公务员。 10.我能替你做些什么? 
Chapter 93. Position ;93. 职位 
1.You've got the job.   I run the show. ;1.表面上你主其事,   实际上由我操纵大局。 
2.He holds a key   position in the   company. ;2.他在公司里担任   重要的职位。 
3.You're the mainstay   of the company. ;3.你是公司的大台柱。 
4.She's the pillar   of this firm. ;4.她是这家公司的台柱。 
5.I don't mind   playing second   fiddle. ;5.我不在乎屈居人下   的工作。 
6.The pecking order   in that club is   pretty tough. ;6.那所俱乐部里的阶级   分得很严格。 
7.He's the low man   on the totem pole. ;7.他的阶级最低。 
Chapter 94. Promotion ;94. 晋升 
1.Since his promotion   he's been on the   gravy train. ;1.自从晋升后,   他搭上了肥缺。 
2.He's promoted one   step too high. ;2.他晋升到一个无法   胜任的高职。 
3.She performed   sexual favors for   her boss to get   promoted. ;3.她对老板牺牲色相   以获得拔擢。 
4.She slept her way   up the corporate   ladder. ;4.她利用与老板的床第   关系一路窜升。 
5.He's a man on   the way up! ;5.他现在扶摇直上! 
Chapter 95. Salary ;95. 薪水 
1.Your salary will    be commensurate    with your    experience. ;1.你的薪水多寡视   工作经验而定。 
2.We pay by the hour. ;2.我们按钟点计薪。 
3.Salespersons   usually work on   commission. ;3.通常销货没靠   抽佣金为收入。 
4.This check cheers   me up. ;4.这张支票令我   高兴不已。 
5.Could I have an   advance on next   week's paycheck? ;5.我可以预支下星期   的薪水吗? 
Chapter 96. Low Wages ;96. 低薪 
1.I only have a   modest income. 2.It's practically   slave wages. ;1.我的收入不多。 2.这简直是压榨劳工。 
3.A:How much does     he pay you?   B:Minimum wage. ;3.A:他付你多少薪水?   B:只给法定最低工资。 
4.A:How's your     salary here? ;4.A:你在这儿的    薪水高吗? 
B:It's for the birds. ;B:烂透了,简直不是   给人的待遇。 
5.He works enough   to get by. ;5.他只赚足够生活   开销的钱。 
6.A:I guess the pay     is not too     good there.   B:No,it stinks. ;A:我想那儿给的薪水   不会太好吧? B:不好,奇差无比。 
7.The first job I   got wasn't a   princely wage. ;7.我找到的第一份工作,   薪水并不高。 
8.He's living from   paycheck to   paycheck. ;8.他的收入只够开销。 
Chapter 97. To Demand For Higher Pay ;97. 要求较高待遇 
1.I received a   dock in pay. ;1.我的薪水被扣掉了   一部分。 
2.Don't try to dock   my pay.What's fair   is fair. ;2.公平一点,不要乱扣   我的薪水。 
3.I insist same job,   same pay. 4.I'm overworked and   underpaid! ;3.我坚持同工同酬。 4.我多做少得! 
5.He's not fair   with my wages. ;5.他付给我的工资   不够厚道。 
6.I'm taking a risk.   I demand more money. ;6.我在承担风险,   我要求更多的钱。 
7.A woman has to do   twice as good to   get a man's pay. ;7.女性要加倍努力才能   获得男人一样的待遇。 
Chapter 98. Asking For A Raise ;98. 要求加薪 
1.I'd like a raise. 2.You're unjust if   you don't pay me   more. ;1.我想要加薪。 2.如果你不多付我一些   钱,就是不公平。 
3.I quit. 4.I sure picked the   wrong time to ask   for a raise. ;3.我辞职不干。 4.我真是找错时间问   老板加薪。 
5.I just got a raise.   We're in the   money now. ;5.我刚刚被提升,   又有钱可以花了。 
Chapter 99. High salaries ;99. 高薪 
1.I'm making five   grand a month. 2.I make (a) decent   pay. ;1.我现在每月赚五千美   元。 2.我的薪水相当可观。 
3.I hate you for the   money you make. ;3.我恨你能赚那么多钱。 
4.That's peanuts   compared to my   income. ;4.比起我的收入来,   这点儿钱不算什么。 
Chapter 100. Talk About Work ;100. 谈论工作 
1.Temping is a great   way to build   contacts. ;1.打临时工,是建立   人际关系的良方。 
2.I've found my   niche in life.   This is the   career for me. ;3.我已找到了栖身之处,   这种事业最适合我。 
3.He's a   nine-to-fiver. 4.He's at work. ;3.他是朝九晚五的   上班族。 4.他在上班。 
5.He's off today. 6.Besides my regular   occupation,I have   a side job. ;5.他今天不上班。 6.除了我的正规工作外,   我还兼点副业。 
Chapter 101. Work Shifts ;101. 工作班次 
1.Office jobs are   typically nine   to five. ;1.办公室的典型工作   时间是朝九晚五。 
2.I have to work an   hour or so   overtime. ;2.我大概还要加一个   钟头的班。 
3.I got stuck working   the graveyard shift   this month. ;3.本月份我硬被安排   在夜班工作。 
4.Ted is going to   pinch hit for the   usual salesman. ;4.泰德要替原来的   销售员代班。