https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/529/11.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
     
         
       
        SCENE⑤ A 几天之后 赫伯特冲进酒吧 
【我交到一个新的网络之友了!】 
Herbert: I have a new Internet friend! 
赫伯特: 我交到一个新的网络之友了! 
Don: You mean the guy who thinks you're 1) Ms. Right? 
唐: 你是说那个把你当作梦中女郎的家伙? 
Herbert: Yeah! We're meeting on Friday night! 
赫伯特: 对!我们星期五晚上要碰面。 
Don: You're what? 2) Have you lost it? 
唐: 什么?你疯啦! 
Herbert: I 3) gave up on looking for a girlfriend. Now I’m making friends! 
赫伯特: 我不找女朋友了。现在我只要交朋友! 
语言详解 
A: I lost my wallet. 
我的皮夹掉了。 
B: Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it. 
循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。 
【gave up on... 放弃……】 
give up on是“放弃,投降”之意,give up on someone/something是代表对某人或某事很失望,不想再花任何的心思或精力在上面,也就是“觉得……没指望了”的意思。 
Don't you give up on me? 是个很常用的说法,比如说你无法意会老师教了你半天的东西,你就可以面带诚恳地跟老师说Don't give up on me, please. 让老师感受到你的诚意,不要这么快放弃你。 
A: Mark is your friend. You shouldn't give up on him so easily. 
马克是你的朋友。你不应该这么轻易地放弃他。 
B: I guess you're right. 
我想你是对的。 
A: I thought you were studying Japanese. 
我以为你在学日语。 
B: I gave up on it. It's too hard. 
我已放弃日语了,太难了。 
1) Ms./Mr. Right 对味的终生伴侣,真命公主 / 天子。 
2) Have you lost it? 你疯啦? 
3) give up on 放弃……