https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你了解世界各国的身体语言吗.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
     
         
       
        今天的这段对话,在讨论身体语言,
 
你了解世界各国的身体语言吗
 
来听今天的讲解:
 
A: Matthew, do you know much about body language in countries around the world?
 
马修,你了解世界各国的身体语言吗?
 
B: sure, I’ve picked up a few things from travelling around for work. Why?
 
当然。我工作中有很多出差的机会,了解到一些这方面的知识。怎么了?
 
A:  well, I had a meeting today with a woman from Japan and she wouldn’t stop bowing! I didn’t know what to do!
 
好哎,我今天参加了一个会议,会上有个日本女子总是不停地鞠躬?我不知道该怎么办!
 
B:  did you bow back?
 
你鞠躬了吗
 
A:  no, I tried to shake her hand, but her hand was so limp I was a bit offended.
 
不,我试着和她握手,但她的手太软了,我有点生气。
 
B:  well, Japanese businessmen and women typically bow to greet each other in Japan. She might have been offended by your strong handshake.
 
哦,在日本,谈生意的人无论男女一般都会互相鞠躬致意。你握手那么用力踏很可能因此而有点不愉快。
 
A:  but she was in America! Shouldn’t she have known that strong handshakes in America signify confidence and respect?
 
但她这是在美国!难道她不知道,在美国用力握手意味着信任和尊重吗?
 
B:  things are different in Japan. You know, in some countries, making eye contact with others is considered rude.
 
这跟日本的习俗完全不同。你知道吗,在有些国家,直视对方的眼睛被认为是无理的举动。
 
A:  is that why she wouldn’t look at me in the meeting?
 
这就是她为什么在开会时一直不看我的原因吧?
 
B:  I think it’s highly possible, yes.
 
我觉得很可能是这个缘故。
 
A:  the meeting really didn’t go down well at all. I think I need to read up about intercultural communication before I have another meeting with someone from another country.
 
这次的会晤进行得非常不顺利。我想下次再出席类似这样有外国人参加的会议之前,一定要熟知一些有关跨文化交流方面的知识。
 
B:  that’s a good idea. When you don’t know much about other cultures, the simplest thing can offend someone.
 
这是个好主意。当你对另一种文化缺乏了解的时候,即使是最简单的举止也会冒犯到别人。
 
A:  that’s so true. It’s great that we see eye to eye on this.
 
一点没错。真高兴咱俩对这件事情看法一致。