https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/谈一谈婴幼儿奶粉事件引起了什么严重.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
     
         
       
        今天的这段对话,在讨论劣质奶粉,
 
谈一谈婴幼儿奶粉事件,引起了什么严重后果
 
来听今天的讲解:
 
A: hey, there!
 
嗨,你好!
 
B: hello, Carl. Have you heard about the contaminated baby formula?
 
你好,你听说婴幼儿奶粉事件了吗?
 
A: yes. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. It's confirmed that 4 babies died and more than 6,200 infants nationwide have developed kidney stones after drinking the tainted formula.
 
是的。事实上,我很担心。据证实,全国有4名婴儿在饮用受污染的配方奶粉后死亡,6200多名婴儿出现肾结石。
 
B: what a tragedy!
 
太惨了!
 
A: I remember the public outrage when it was discovered that 171 infants had suffered malnutrition because of the ingestoin of inferior milk power in Fuyang City, Anhui Province in 2004.
 
我记得2004年在安徽省阜阳市发现171名婴儿因摄入劣质奶粉而营养不良时的公愤。
 
B: food safety has been a long-standing concern nationwide.
 
食品安全想来都为人们所关注.
 
A: well, I think this recent incident will have a far-reaching negative impact on the milk industry.
 
哦,我想这次奶粉事件肯定会重创奶制品行业.
 
B: definitely, in the case of the tainted milk powder, for example, not only the offending company suffers losses, but the whole milk market suffers a sharp drop in sales.
 
毫无疑问,以毒奶粉为例,不仅违规公司遭受损失,整个牛奶市场的销售额也大幅下降。
 
A: yes, you are right.
 
是啊.
 
B: but I don't know if it is only an isolated incident or whether it reflects a broader problem in the milk industry?
 
但是不知道这是个案,还是反映出整个奶制品行业的问题呢?
 
A: I guess it's an industry-wide problem, as 69 batches of baby formula produced by 22 companies have been found to be contaminated.
 
我想整个行业都有问题,22家企业生产的69批婴儿奶粉都被查出有问题.
 
B: that's right. This will quickly undermine public confidence in the milk industry possibly for years to come.
 
是啊,今后几年内,人们对奶制品行业都不会有什么信心了.
 
A: definitely! With the public disclosure, buyers' confidence seems to be waning.
 
肯定!随着公开披露,买家的信心似乎正在减弱。
 
B: I think China's food industry needs a shake-up.
 
我想中国的食品行业需要重新整顿.