今天的这段对话,在讨论自由职业,
 
做自由职业有什么好处?收入怎么样
 
来听今天的讲解:
 
A: What's up? Are you in the middle of something?
 
你还好吗?在忙吗?
 
B: Yeah. I'm just working out how much money I've earned this month.
 
是啊,我正在算这个月我能赚多少钱。
 
A: Doesn't your company work that out for you?
 
这不是应该由你的公司给你算吗?
 
B: I don't work for a company anymore. After I got fired last month, I decided to become self-employed.
 
我现在不在公司上班了,上个月被公司解雇之后,我决定自己干。
 
A: Really? That's exciting. How do you like it so far?
 
真的吗?太好了,那到现在为止你干的怎么样了?
 
B: Well, I can wake up whenever I want and I don't have to ask anyone's permission to take a break.
 
我可以想什么时候起床就什么时候起床,想休息的时候也不用征求任何人的同意。
 
A: That sounds good.
 
听起来不错。
 
B: Actually. I'm working more hours now than I did before. But I don't mind as much because I'm the one making decisions.
 
实际上,我现在工作的时间比以前长多了。但是我不太介意这个,因为我一个人说了算。
 
A: How's the pay?
 
收入如何?
 
B: I'd rather not say. It's kind of a personal thing.
 
我不想说,这是我的私事。