第46章 行业发展
David: What is China's pharmaceutical industry like?
中国的医药业怎么样?
You: In the past fifty years, China's pharmaceuticalindustry has grown from nothing into a boomingindustry. When the PRC was established in 1949,China's basic pharmaceutical industries were veryweak.
在过去的50年里,中国的医药业实现了从低潮到繁荣的转变。尽管1949年建国时,中国的医药业还都十分薄弱。
David: The entire pharmaceutical industry?
你是在说整个医药行业吗?
You: Yes, the entire pharmaceutical industry was quite weak at the 1950s.
对。50年代时,医药业不大景气。
David: So in the last 50 years it has developed.
所以,你认为这些发展都要归功于近50年。
You: Yes, and now China has achieved an important position in the world market as a supplierof raw materials for pharmaceuticals.
对。中国的药品原料出口已经在世界上占有很重要的地位。
David: What do you mean?
怎么讲?
You: I mean that many multi national companies depend on China for raw materials, and Chinahas cornered about 30% of the market share for pharmaceutical chemicals.
中国是很多跨国公司的原料供应地,而且它的化学药品在世界市场上的份额达30%之多。
David: It seems like in the past 50 years China's pharmaceutical market has opened to theworld.
好像中国的医药市场在过去的50年里一直都是开放的,是吗?
You: Not exactly. In the first thirty years, China's economy was not open to Western countries.But since the 1980's, in the last twenty years, China's international trade has taken off.
是这样的。最初的30年里,步伐比较缓慢;改革开放近20年以来,发展越来越快。