Fast Food 西式快餐
dialogue 1
C: hey, Tom, did you enjoy your lunch?
嗨,汤姆,午饭吃的好吗?
T: oh, don't mention it. It was terrible.
哎,别提了,很糟糕!
C: what' the matter?
怎么了?
T: the food station was as crowded as usual. I waited for 20 minutes for my sandwish, and when I finall got it the chicken was underdone.
快餐店还是那么挤,我点了个炸鸡三明治,等了20分钟,最后里头的炸鸡还是生的.
C: I see. You simply can't blame the server for this.
哦,你也没法责怪服务员.
T: yes, I know. Fast food is so popular in this district.
我知道,这里快餐太受欢迎了.
C: that's true.
是啊.
T: anyway, how was your luch, Catherine?
凯瑟琳,你的午饭怎么样?
C: it was good. I brough lunch from home today.
挺好的,我自己从家里带了饭.
T: you did? I thought you must feel right at home here as we get as many fast food restaurants as you do in America.
真的吗?我以为我们这里和美国一样有很多快餐店,你会觉得像在家一样舒服呢.
C: well, I personally don't like then because i don't believe they are healthy.
我个人不喜欢去快餐店,我觉得那些食物都不健康.
T: i guess you're right. More often than not, people go there only for convenience. The foods may taste good, but generally speaking, they are high in calories, salt and fat.
你说的没错.通常人们上快餐店都是图个方便.那些东西可能味道不错,但是卡路里,盐和脂肪的含量太高.
C: yes. I am wondering that you must believe fast food is your lifestyle, don't you?
我在想你是不是觉得快餐就是我们美国人的生活方式?
T: you bet. Almost all top brands such as McDonald's and KFC are from America.
当然啦,几乎所有的大的快餐店,像麦当劳和肯德基都是美国的.
C: well, actually two-thirds of Americans may avoid these places.
实际上三分之二的美国人都不会去那些地方.
T: seriously?
真的吗?
C: yeah, it's hard to believe but true.
嗯,你也许会觉得难以置信,但事实确实如此.
dialogue 2
T: Catherine. have you ever seen the movie Fast Food Nation?
凯瑟琳,你看过电影《快餐帝国》吗?
C: Yes, I remember it was inspird by a New York Times best-seller of the same name.
我看过,是根据同名的《纽约时报》畅销书改编的.
T: It's Very thought-provoking, isn't it?
我觉得它很发人深省。
C: Exactly. Jt reveals the dark side of the all-American meal.
是的,它揭示了美国饮食的阴暗面。
T: So what do you think of the American fast food culture?
那你是怎么看待美困快餐文化的呢?
C: ] think America rcally deserves the name of "fast food nation- as pcopIe can find
McDonald ' s, KFC and Pizza Hut almost all over the States.
我觉得美国是名副其实的“怏餐帝国一,美国的各个角落几乎都有麦当劳、肯德基和必胜客。
T: And everyone knows that Americans' favorite food is the hamburger, isn't it?
而H大家都知道美国人最爱吃汉堡包.
C: Sure. Yoi: see, Tom, fast food is a tifestyle that cravcs convenience. Pcople just don't carc whetber it is healthy or not.
是啊,汤姆你看,快餐就是一种崇尚简便的生活方式,人们才不在乎健不健康昵。
T: But I think some heajthy menu options are also鸵rvcd at fast food restaurants..
但是我觉得快餐店里还是有一蝗健康菜的.
C: What are they?
都有些什么呢?
T: Such as fat-frec milk, wholc-whcat rolls and fish sandwich.
像脱脂奶、全麦卷和烤鱼三明治之类的.
C: They're much better
这毡东西就好多了.
T: But I'm not sure if they're well-rcceived.
但是我不太确定它们会不会受欢迎.
C: That's the point. People usually don't have much time to think about it when thcy have a
on-the-go meal.
这就是问题的关键.人们只想随便吃点的话,一般不会花时间去考虑吃什么。
T: Well,Amcricans may need to find a way to make the most of their fast foods.
嗯,美国人或许该想想怎样才能做出最健康的快餐来.
C: I suppotrc so.
我也这么认为。