dialogue 1
C: I've got some great news for you!
我有好消息要告诉你!
K: did you get the position you wanted?
得到想要的职位了吗?
C: yes, I'll be promoted to department manager.
是啊,我被提升为部门经理了.
K: I'm glad to hear that. Congratulations!
很高兴听到这个消息.恭喜你!
C: thank you. Actually, I could not believe it at first. You know, there're so many outstanding people in our company. Many of them are qualified to fill that position.
谢谢.其实一开始我都不敢相信,咱们公司有这么多优秀人才,很多人都可以胜任这个职位.
K: sure, but you really did great and outperformed the others. You deserved it!
是啊,但是你非常出色,比他们都好,你理应升职.
C: thank you very much.
谢谢.
K: you always have unique ideas and you're such a team leader.
你的想法总是很独特,而且领导有方.
C: I appreciate it very much. You've been doing great. I expect to see you be promoted pretty soon.
谢谢夸奖.你的工作也一直都干得很好,我希望你不久也能升职.
K: that's very nice of you to say so. I'll try my best. When will you start at the new position?
谢谢,我会尽力的.你什么时候上班呢?
C: next week.
下周.
K: so by then, you'll be in charge of the whole department.
到时候你就该负责整个部门的工作了.
C: absolutely
没错.
dialogue 2
C: could we have a chat when it's convenient for you?
您方便的时候我找您谈谈可以吗?
K: sure,you can drop by my office in half an hour.
当然,半小时以后来我办公室吧.
C: may I come in?
我可以进来吗?
K: yes, what do you want to talk about?
进来吧,你想谈点什么?
C: could we possibly discuss my salary?
可以谈谈工资的问题吗?
K: sure, go ahead. What's on your mind?
当然,说吧.你是怎么想的?
C: first of all, I want you to know that I'm really enjoying working for our company. What do you think of my job here?
首先,我想让您知道,在咱们公司工作我很开心,您觉得我的工作干得怎么样?
K: well, you are doing an excellent job.
恩,你干得挺出色的.
C: thank you. I'm working hard everyday. I'd like to talk about my prospects and see if there's the chance of receiving a raise.
谢谢.我每天工作都很努力.我想和您谈谈,看看有没有可能给我加薪.
K: well, you deserve more, but if I give you a raise, then everyone in your department should also get one. That's too much.
好,你是该多拿些工资,可是如果我给你涨工资了,就得给你部门的其他人也涨工资.数额太大了.
C: I understand your concerns .
我理解您的难处.
K: could you consider other benefits the company may find easier to accommodate, more paid holidays , for example?
能不能考虑下公司能提供的其他好处,比如说带薪休假?
C: ok, thank you for offering that.
好吧,谢谢您.