英语听力汇总   |   双语童诗:盲孩——柯莱·西柏

https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/

更新日期:2018-07-06浏览次数:3340次所属教程:英美童诗

-字号+

听力原文

童诗:盲孩——柯莱·西柏
 

1 THE BLIND BOY

一 盲孩

Colley Cibber①

柯莱·西柏

O say what is that thing call'd Light, 你们说的"光",是什么东西,
Which I must ne'er enjoy; 我永远不可能感觉出来;
What are the blessings of the sight. 你们能够"看",是什么福气,
O tell your poor blind boy ! 请告诉我这可怜的盲孩!
You talk of wondrous things you see, 你们讲到了种种奇景,
You say the sun shines bright; 你们说太阳光辉灿烂;
I feel him warm, but how can he 我感到他温暖,可他怎么能
Or make it day or night? 把世界分出黑夜和白天?
My day or night myself I make 这会儿我玩耍,待会儿我睡觉,
Whene'er I sleep or play; 这样分我的白天和夜晚;
And could I ever keep awake 假如我老是醒着,睡不着,
With me 'twere always day. 我觉得那就是白天没完。
With heavy sighs I often hear 我听见你们一次又一次
You mourn my hapless woe; 为我的不幸而叹息:唉……
But sure with patience I can bear 可我完全能忍受这损失——
A loss I ne'er can know 损失是什么我并不明白。
Then let not what I cannot have 别让我永远得不到的东西
My cheer of mind destroy 把我愉快的心情破坏:
Whilst thus I sing, I am a king, 我歌唱,我就是快乐君王,
Although a poor blind boy 尽管我是个可怜的盲孩。
  屠 岸译