https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/575/57.mp3    
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
 
     
         
       
        SCENE③ B 吉娜去找文斯路过自己的隔间 
【是跟仰慕者碰面的时候了】 
Zina: I think it's time for me to meet my admirer and make him face the music. 
吉娜: 我想该是跟仰慕者碰面的时候了,好让他面对现实。 
Dave: You do? How are you going to 1) contact him? 
戴夫: 真的?你要怎么联络上他? 
Zina: I'm leaving him a message 2) taped to my computer screen. 
吉娜: 我要留张纸条给他,贴在我的电脑屏幕上。 
Dave: What does it say? Do you think he'll see it? 
戴夫: 上面要写什么?你觉得他会看到吗? 
Zina: He'll see it. It says, like sweets. / Meet me at 2:30 in the parking lot. 
吉娜: 他会看到的。上面写着:“我喜欢甜头。/两点半停车场见。” 
Dave: Can I 3) spy on you guys from the window? 
戴夫: 我可以从窗户偷看你们会面吗? 
Zina: No. But I'll fill you in later. Right now I have to find Vince. 
吉娜: 不可以。不过我之后会把过程跟你说。现在我得要去找文斯。 
语言详解 
A: Have you contacted the office today? 
你今天有跟公司联络吗? 
B: No. I'm taking the day off. 
没有。我今天放假。 
【face the music 面对现实】 
做一件事或做一个决定,不管是好是坏,都要承担起后果,时候到了,都得要 face the music“面对现实”。 
A: Murder, dealing drugs...It's time for you to face the music. 
谋杀、贩毒……你面对现实的时候到了。 
B: I don't know what you are talking about, officer. You don't have any proof. 
我不知道你在说什么,警官。你没有任何证据。 
【fill someone in 让某人进入状况】 
fill 这个词是“填满”的意思,好比“填空”fill in the blanks;fill someone in 在字面上的意思是“将某人填入”,填入的是情况的始末,等于是替对方做“简报”brief,好让他了解整件事情到现在为止的来龙去脉。 
A: Is anybody going to fill me in on what happened here? 
有人可以告诉我这里发生了什么事吗? 
B: Yes, chief. The fire started at two A.M. It was probably *arson and... 
是的,局长。凌晨两点发生火灾。多半是纵火还有…… 
*arson (n.) 纵火 
1) contact (v.) 联系,接触 
2) tape (v.) 录音,录影 
3) spy on... 监视……