今天的这段对话,在讨论瀑布,
日本的Hotonedake瀑布有多高?这座瀑布最有名的是什么
 
来听今天的讲解:
 
A: OK. I'm back here with Kanade.
 
在我旁边的是Kanade。
 
B: Yes.
 
是的。
 
A: So, Kanade, why don't you talk about where you're from!
 
那么,Kanade,我们来谈谈你来自哪里吧!
 
B: OK. I'm from Akita, which is Northern Japan. And there is a lot of mountains and you can see changing color in the fall and in my home Yashima town, there are only six thousand people in there and there is a waterfall called "Hotonedake", which is the best one hundred fall in Japan.
 
好的。我来自日本北部的秋田市。在那里有很多的山,你可以看到秋天叶子颜色的变换,我的家乡矢岛只有6千人口,那里还有一座瀑布叫做“Hotonedake”,它是日本一百座瀑布中最好的一座。
 
A: Wow! That's cool.
 
哇!太酷了。
 
B: Yeah, Cool!
 
是的,酷!
 
A: So you've seen it.
 
那么你去参观过?
 
B: Yes!
 
是的!
 
A: So how high is this amazing waterfall?
 
这座壮观的瀑布高多少?
 
B: Uh, I don't really know. It's really big.
 
嗯……我不知道具体高度,但真的很壮观。
 
A: Really. So is it famous because it's really tall or cause it's really wide?
 
真的。这座瀑布的最有名的是它的高度还是宽度?
 
B: Could be both.
 
可能两者兼有。
 
A: Oh, really, that's a big waterfall. OK. When is the last time you went home?
 
好的,那真是座大瀑布。好的,你上一次回家是什么时候?
 
B: Last week.
 
那是上周。
 
A: Uh-huh. Really! Both you're parents still live there?
 
啊哈。真的!你的父母还住在那里?
 
B: Yes.
 
是的。
 
A: OK. And were your parents born there?
 
你的父母都在那里出生吗?
 
B: Yes, but different town. My father is from Yashima, same hometown, same home as my home, but my mom is from Nigaho, next town from Yashima.
 
是的,但他们出生在不同的镇子。我父亲来自矢岛,也就是我家现在所在的城市,我家现在还住在原来的房子里,但我母亲来自Nigaho——挨着矢岛的镇子。
 
A: Oh, OK. Do you have a lot of childhood memories.
 
哦,好的。你还记得童年时候的事儿吗?
 
B: Yes, uh, actually but my dad was really busy, so my mom took me, took me many, many places...as a child.
 
是的,事实上我父亲一直很忙碌,所以小时候我母亲带着我去了很多地方……
 
A: Oh, that's sweet. Well, you're a good daughter.
 
真贴心。你一定是个好女儿。
 
B: I think, I think so. Yeah!
 
我想是这样的。
 
A: OK. Thanks a lot.
好的。谢谢。