今天的这段对话,在讨论搏击,
 
搏击、拳击、摔跤、散打等你最擅长哪种?什么是鱼钩手
来听今天的讲解:
 
A: Hey, Nobu! I heard that you practice martial arts! Can you tell me about K1?
 
嗨,Nobu!我听说练习武术!你能给我们谈谈搏击吗?
 
B: Yes. Well, actually, what I practice is a type of martial arts called mixed martial arts. No holds barred! Mixed martial arts is a mixture of everything, kick boxing, kick boxing, boxing, wrestling, submission fighting, so on and so on.
 
是的。好的,实际上,我练习的是一种叫做综合格斗的武术。没有技巧限制!综合格斗是所有武术的综合体,搏击,拳击,摔跤,散打等等。
 
A: What are you best at? What do you like practicing?
 
你最擅长哪种?你喜欢练习哪一种?
 
B: I am very good at grappling. Grappling is the type of sports that you kill your opponent's joint and choke him out, or anything like that.
 
我擅长擒拿。擒拿是一种制约对手关节并最终使敌人窒息的武术。
 
A: Do you use your hands or your feet a lot?
 
你经常要用到你的手和脚吗?
 
B: Hands, feet, legs, every part of your body.
 
手,脚,腿,还有身体的每一个部位。
 
A: Biting?
 
可以用牙咬吗?
 
B: No biting. No biting, no fish-hooking, no groin striking.
 
不可以咬。不能咬,不能用鱼钩手,不能攻击下体。
 
A: What is the fish-hook?
 
什么是鱼钩手?
 
B: The fish-hook is a kind of illegal movement that you use two fingers. Point finger and middle finger hooking your nose or eyes. Like that!
 
鱼钩手是一种违反规则的动作。鱼钩手就是两只手指——食指和中指去勾抓对方的鼻子或眼睛。就像这样!
 
A: Sounds dangerous.
 
听起来很危险。
 
B: Yes!
 
是的!
 
A: Do you ever compete?
 
你参加过比赛吗?
 
B: Yes, I compete a lot. Actually, I was, I was a champion back in the states.
 
是的,我经常参加比赛。事实上,我曾是州冠军。
 
A: In the states!
 
州冠军?
 
B: Yes.
 
是的。
 
A: What kind of champion were you?
 
你是哪个项目的冠军?
 
B: Grappling champion.
 
擒拿冠军。
 
A: Grappling champion! What did you win?
 
擒拿冠军!你怎么赢的?
 
B: Well, I entered this grappling tournament called Western Grappling Tournament. I won first place in 185 division, 185 pound division.
 
我参加了名叫西部擒拿锦标赛的擒拿锦标赛。我战胜了185个赛区的选手,赢得了冠军。
 
A: All right, that's great! Thanks a lot for that.
 
好的,真棒!谢谢你。
 
B: Thank you.
 
谢谢。