| 52 MY OWN TRUF FAMILY | 五十二 我自己的真正的家族 | 
	
	| Ted Hughes | 泰德·休斯 | 
	
	| Once I crept in an oakwood — I was looking for a stag. | 有一次我悄悄进入橡树林——我寻找一头鹿。 | 
	
	| I met an old woman there — all knobbly stick and rag. | 我遇见个老太婆——一身疙瘩的枯柴棒加破布。 | 
	
	| She said: "I have your secret here inside; my litte btag." | 她说:"你的秘密在我的小口袋里,我全有数。" | 
	
	| Then she began to cackle and I began to quake. | 于是,她开始咯咯笑,我开始发抖。 | 
	
	| She opened up her little bag and I came twice awake — | 她打开她的小口袋,我一而再地意识到—— | 
	
	| Surrounded by a staring tribe and me tied to a stake. | 一群人在围着我看,我在木桩上被捆牢。 | 
	
	| They said: "We are the oak-trees and your own true family. | 他们说:"我们是橡树,是你真正的家族成员。 | 
	
	| We are chopped down, we are torn up, you do not blink an eye. | 我们被砍倒,被撕裂,你连眼睛也不眨一下。 | 
	
	| Unless you make a promise now — now you are going to die. | 你现在就将死去,除非你答应一个条件。 | 
	
	| Whenever you see an oak-tree felled, swear now you will plant two. | 每见到一株橡树被砍倒,你得发誓栽两株。 | 
	
	| Unless you swear the black oak bark will wrinkle over you And root you among the oaks where you were born but never grew." | 你若不发誓,黑色起皱的橡树皮会把你裹住,让你植根在橡林中,你出生在这儿却永远不发育。" | 
	
	| This was my dream beneath the boughs, the dream that altered me. | 这是我在树枝下做的梦,这梦改变了我。 | 
	
	| When I came out of the oakwood, back to human company, | 我走出橡树林,回到人间伙伴的居处, | 
	
	| My walk was the walk of a human child, but my heart was a tree. | 我走路像人类的孩子,我的心却成了一株树。 | 
	
	|  | 屠 岸译 |