The Fiddler of Dooney
|
都尼的提琴手
|
| When I play on my fiddle in Dooney, |
当我在都尼拉响了提琴, |
| Folk dance like a wave of the sea; |
人们便如浪潮般舞起; |
| My cousin is priest in Kilvarnet, |
我的表兄是基尔瓦内的牧师, |
| My brother in Mocharabuiee. |
在莫卡拉比有我的兄弟。 |
| I passed my brother and cousin: |
我顺道拜访他们两个, |
| They read in their books of prayer; |
他们正埋头读着祷文; |
| I read in my book of songs |
我也在埋头读着 |
| l bought at the Sligo fair. |
斯莱戈集市上买来的歌本。 |
| When we come at the end of time |
当世界末日,我们一同 |
| To Peter sitting in state, |
站在圣彼得的座前, |
| He will smile on the three old spirits, |
他会对我们微微而笑, |
| But call me first through the gate; |
却叫我最先跨过门槛。 |
| For the good are always the merry, |
因为善良的人才总是快乐的样子, |
| Save by an evil chance, |
除非遇上意外的烦恼; |
| And the merry love the fiddle, |
快乐的人喜爱提琴, |
| And the merry love to dance: |
快乐的人喜爱舞蹈。 |
| And when the folk there spy me, |
见我进来,那些天国的人 |
| They will all come up to me, |
马上在我身边围拢; |
| With‘Here is the fiddler of Dooney!' |
喊着“都尼的提琴手来了!” |
| And dance like a wave of the sea. |
便如浪潮般开始起舞。 |